Used 2009 BMW 3 Series 335i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Almost Perfect...
By cheapdeep

2009 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Third BMW I've owned. BMW got a lot right but they also got a lot wrong. The engine, transmission, styling and handling are all incredible. But everybody knows that. The ergonomics and interior leave a lot to be desired. BMW really lost the form follows function on this one. The cup holders are obvious but where do I put my sunglasses? I don't have keyless start so what's the point of the start button? Instead of putting in a key and turning, I now have and extra unneeded step to start the car. And iDrive? Everything on there could be replaced by a $40 burner phone from Walmart. It's pretty useless although it does look pretty.

Engine, transmission, power, drive, handling and styling are all spectacular! I can't overstate this, the car is amazing to drive. They got all the hard stuff perfect. It's frustrating since the mistakes are all the easy things they should have down by now.

Ergonomics stink, interior design needs a lot of work. Constant warning lights for everything. Run flats are horrible! Seriously, what was BMW thinking? We are going to take a perfect suspension and add the worst possible tires to it. Bouncy, rough, loud. The BMW dealer where I am isn't very good which is unfortunate since I'm at the dealer for something or another every few months like... the top hasn't stopped rattling since I bought it.

Functional and Fun
By LeCanard

2009 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I don't regret buying this car for one second! It is incredibly fun to drive, looks great, and performs like a BMW should. It sticks to the road like glue and makes even the most boring commute bearable with it's performance and style. I have had no problems with this car so far and it has not required any return trips to the dealer. I was going to get the 328 initially, but after driving the 335 I knew I wouldn't be as happy as I am now with the extra HP afforded by the 335.

Automatic transmission with DS mode. DS mode makes an automatic great... went in wanted a manual transmission but after driving the automatic I was converted. Comfort Access - worth it. Push button start - love it. Seats and all the adjustments are great! Interior styling is perfect.

Small cupholders in dash can be awkward. Would like to not have to be perfectly stationary to put top down or up (at least you don't have to be in park). Would like option to not have run flats.

ZOOOOOOOOOM!
By OBX BMW

2009 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2009 BMW 335i hardtop convertible eight days and 600 miles ago. So far I love everything about this car. It's as fast as any car I've ever driven, and I owned two Corvettes. Traveling to NC from NJ I averaged 26.4 MPG. So far so good no problems at all and I hope it stays that way. A very elegant piece of German engineering loaded with the latest technology.

The hardtop convertible, the no lag twin turbos, and contrary to other raters, the I drive, and the Nav are my favorite features. The Nav and I Drive are easier to use and superior to two other cars I've owned with Nav.

I'm not sure how the RFT tires are going to work out, time will tell. I will report back after 10 K miles with an update and a RFT rating.