2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
A True 4 door sport car!!
By rmorin1249 on 04/26/11 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been driving BMWs for over 30 years and when the 335d was released I waited for a couple years and then pulled the trigger. I couldn't be more pleased. I use this car as a daily driver on a 60 mile round trip commute. I am averaging between 32 and 34 mpg. The acceleration is on par with my 335i convertible but the low end torque is awesome. The car handles very well and does provide comfortable seating for 4 adults. My wife cannot believe it is a diesel. There is almost no diesel noise inside the car except at idle with the radio and HVAC off. At highway speeds you would never know you are driving a diesel. There is absolutely no smoke and no smell. Awesome car!!

VROOM!
By DieselNorthernNJ on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm a car junkie. Been through 4 cars in the past 3 years. 07 328xi, 09 328i manual (CPO), 09 G37x (the 328i manual annoyed me - radio was whacked out without a fix supposedly, so tried Japanese) and now 09 CPO 335d. I missed the engineering of a BMW and when I saw this 335d CPO, I had to try it. The itch hit me after the test drive and I bought it. The car is incredible. Power and efficiency amazing. Low end torque so fun, but it's even better to go 60 mph and then floor it. Gets to 100 mph in a snap. Hitting the turns and winding roads feels so much better in this car than the G37X. Getting about 32 mpg in mixed driving. The engine growl - a muscle car in disguise!

335D when can I drive it again
By erick335 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My wife and I purchased a fully loaded used 335d. We have almost every option but most importantly we have the sport suspension. The car is amazing in every aspect. We are coming out of a 2006 Is350. The Is350 was a little faster but not nearly as fun to drive. We have gotten 38-39mpg on the hwy @75-80 mph. The car is problem free unlike the 335i. I know the 335i is faster but for $300 dollars you can chip the 335d. The best part of the experience is seeing other driver faces, as your putting diesel in the car.

Nav
By jack on 09/08/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drove from CA to OR last month. After a 4 hrs drive, I stopped and refueled. and the nav just kept restarting itself again and again, the idrive was unable to function. luckily i got some paper maps or else. Other than that, it was fun to drive..

335d 2009 Great Car
By MJ on 01/17/10 12:32 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

If any one is looking for a 335 BMW. Take a close look at the 335d. It is very fast, 425 lbs ft. of torque and 265 hp. It to me feels much faster than the 335i in normal around town driving. I now have just about 7000 miles on it. No problems at all. I also have a lexus for my wife. The reliability is the same both, great. However the big plus is the mileage. I get 30 mpg around town and 39 on the highway . The 335i cannot do that. There is no diesel smell or smoke ever. Diesel fuel cost is at or just below high test in Northern Va.

Second time lucky
By big kev on 12/28/09 05:15 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second 3 series - the first was 2007 335i and for some reason this 'update' is a much better car. I have 16" wheels with 205/50 tires deliberately avoiding low profiles and the ride is very comfortable, and handling is fine (runflat smash and crash is gone!) I find The car more comfortable than the 5 series and traded my 2008 Audi A4, which I liked a lot but the Beema is much smoother and more 'refined' - especially the diesel engine. Hated the old 3 series mainly because of the high fuel bills and the horrible ride - love this one; mainly because of the improved ride due to non low profile runflats and Continental tires rather than Bridgestone which were awful.

Power performance & mileage in a Bimmer
By Nyurkt on 12/04/09 08:20 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We Absolutely LOVE this vehicle awesome power, mileage & fuel economy even if driven hard love the exhaust note drives handles feels and sounds great. This is a true drivers car second Bimmer for the family and I'm sure many more to come. Traded in our Accord Ex-V6 great car but the mileage was not up to par for HONDA, now we get awesome performance & braking as well as excellent fuel economy.

It's all good
By M on 08/27/09 15:53 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First time BMW owner and just got my 335D. Everything I hoped for came true. The look and feel of a world class car with the mileage of an economy car. The power is outstanding and the ride is so effortless that you can't tell how fast you are going. One issue is the cupholders...seems like with all the engineering prowess of BMW a suitable solution could be put in place.

Awesome
By kaiyer on 08/10/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Just purchased it. Torque if fantastic. Best when merging into the highway. Cabin ergonomics are top rated. The whole family loved it.

Jet without wings
By arjay1 on 08/07/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Had the the car for about 3 weeks now. Having too much fun. I never thought I'd be driving a diesel. Diesel smell gives me a headache but this car does not have it. The exhaust pipes are still so shiny even after 1250 miles of driving. Have to buy a good radar detector to help reduce the chance of getting tickets. Car goes to 50 mph too fast and without much effort. Run flat tires not much of a bother.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.