2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Slight improvement over the 2006 325i - Excellent Car
By dic_camarillo on 08/26/14 00:04 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A slight improvement over our 2006 325i. Slightly better looking, a little more power, good navigation system, nice stereo controls - though a bit confusing and I love the speed warning feature (makes a noise and light comes on when set speed is hit or passed). The Bluetooth works well. The Navigation is much better than the Toyota version. Great visibility, great balance, superb handling, comfortable, spacious front seats, great looking, smooth, the right balance of power and fuel economy, comfortable seats, nice quality materials, doesn't feel cheap anywhere in or out of the car, back seats are tight, trip computer is nice feature. This car is the perfect entry level sports sedan!

Not worth the money!
By bconne66 on 03/12/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the vehicle about 18 months ago and sadly it has been disappointing for the most part. First, the ride was rough and the run flats tires were terrible. I just traded them in for regular Michelin tires and what a difference though still not a great ride as I expected. Yes, there is no spare in the vehicle so RFT's or not the peace of mind of taking a long road trip is out of the question. The radio and other systems are difficult to understand and not user easy. Just today the the low oil light came on.System never gave a signal that the oil was getting low prior until this dangerous point. I had to buy the oil and sit by the roadside to put it in just not luxury at all. Audi!!!!

Glad to be rid of it
By carbug5 on 02/20/12 16:55 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got rid of my 09 BMW 3 series with X drive. I wont miss the run flat tires, or nightmare suspension. The suspension bottoms out on bumpy New England roads and is not worthy of such a high price tag. The adaptive transmission lacks the response you would expect from a sports car. The radio is dissapointing. Filling the car with gas would cause a vacume and not allow me to fill up all the way. The dealer's response to the above was oh well that's just the way it is. Got a G37x and love it so far. Much more car for the money. Now that's a driving machione

Wanted the Experience
By freeflowin on 10/02/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought used with 8k miles. Looks great runs great. Fantastic to drive and handles unbelievably. The car is very tight and fast. Only complaint is I have had to have 4 recalls preformed so far, which is annoying. Three of which I figured would come and it wasn't a big deal (all relating to the fuel pump), the fourth was for a wire in the tail light....so that was annoying to have to go in for 4 hours to have looked at. I have a 09 Silverado with three times as many miles and ZERO problems.

A True 4 door sport car!!
By rmorin1249 on 04/26/11 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been driving BMWs for over 30 years and when the 335d was released I waited for a couple years and then pulled the trigger. I couldn't be more pleased. I use this car as a daily driver on a 60 mile round trip commute. I am averaging between 32 and 34 mpg. The acceleration is on par with my 335i convertible but the low end torque is awesome. The car handles very well and does provide comfortable seating for 4 adults. My wife cannot believe it is a diesel. There is almost no diesel noise inside the car except at idle with the radio and HVAC off. At highway speeds you would never know you are driving a diesel. There is absolutely no smoke and no smell. Awesome car!!

No Car Is Perfect
By theomdude on 03/19/11 22:59 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a 330Ci with SMG for a leased 2009 328i Coupe with paddle shifted Steptronic. I loved my 330, and this car is close, but not quite there. The luxury details on my Premium/Sport Pkg. example, like the ambient lighting, is cool and material quality seems top notch. But the car seems "fatter" and the specs say it is, by 66 lbs. That doesn't account for the extra weight of the SMG in the 330, so it's probably close to a wash. The hp is up by 5 & torque is down 15 but the sense of slight softness in acceleration is probably the difference between a clutch and a torque converter. I've seen 130 on a short straight so I'm not complaining. At my modest skill level the turbo would be wasted.

Truly a driver's car
By adityab on 02/16/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After much deliberation, I took delivery of a gently used 2009 BMW 328i a couple of days ago. Like many BMW owners, I bought it for its driving dynamics. The reviews from every publication are glowing, and there's good reason. You get the feeling that every single tactile element in the car has been calibrated for your enjoyment. The driving position, the seats, the contours of the steering wheel, the linear and predictable responses, the hefty brakes, and the buttery smooth engine all make for an inimitable driving experience. If you're in the market for a visceral ride but need to be practical, look no further. I've driven an S2000 and an Aston Martin and the 328 still feels magical.

VROOM!
By DieselNorthernNJ on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I'm a car junkie. Been through 4 cars in the past 3 years. 07 328xi, 09 328i manual (CPO), 09 G37x (the 328i manual annoyed me - radio was whacked out without a fix supposedly, so tried Japanese) and now 09 CPO 335d. I missed the engineering of a BMW and when I saw this 335d CPO, I had to try it. The itch hit me after the test drive and I bought it. The car is incredible. Power and efficiency amazing. Low end torque so fun, but it's even better to go 60 mph and then floor it. Gets to 100 mph in a snap. Hitting the turns and winding roads feels so much better in this car than the G37X. Getting about 32 mpg in mixed driving. The engine growl - a muscle car in disguise!

335D when can I drive it again
By erick335 on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My wife and I purchased a fully loaded used 335d. We have almost every option but most importantly we have the sport suspension. The car is amazing in every aspect. We are coming out of a 2006 Is350. The Is350 was a little faster but not nearly as fun to drive. We have gotten 38-39mpg on the hwy @75-80 mph. The car is problem free unlike the 335i. I know the 335i is faster but for $300 dollars you can chip the 335d. The best part of the experience is seeing other driver faces, as your putting diesel in the car.

Nav
By jack on 09/08/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drove from CA to OR last month. After a 4 hrs drive, I stopped and refueled. and the nav just kept restarting itself again and again, the idrive was unable to function. luckily i got some paper maps or else. Other than that, it was fun to drive..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.