2008 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Wow!

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Wow!
By wcmcdade on

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up vehicle on Saturday, 3/22 - Comf & Sport. Took the long way home. Acceleration with Steptronic AT was fast & smooth. Love the sound of the throaty engine just before the upshift. You know that you're in a sportscar. The paddle shifters are cool, but I don't suspect I'll use them much on my commute. 328i corned like it was on rails. I took a couple of twisty bends on a backroad at about 60 mph with no sense of skid, roll or fishtail. I had to be careful not to push too hard as the wheels lifted off the ground coming over one little roller. With top down and windows up (38F outside), there was little buffeting of either occupant's hair. Kept warm with heat on auto at 84F.

Favorite Features

Top down, hardtop, great cruise control, wonderful seats, nice sounding engine, Love that it's AT, but I can pretend to have manual with the paddle shifters. When 4 yo saw the top go down he called it a "transformer car". Two toddler seats fit in the back seats with the car headrests taken out.

Suggested Improvements

Put Sirius in every car-dumb to make appointment to install hidden receiver. Sunroof in hardtop convertible roof. Provide opt. DVD system with screens in the front seat headrests (facing the rear passengers). Offer cust. child seats for the rear seats. Lrgr space for wallet & sunglasses in console.