Worth the cost if you can afford it
By kschoenrock on
2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
This is one great car. I had owned a 2006 CTS and test drove the new CTS, a G35x an A4 and the entry level Lexus. Here's the thing: you need to know what you really want. If you really want the driving experience, you have to get the 335 if you can afford it. I was skeptical, but the reviews really are right, there's no comparison. Other cars (CTS) are bigger, others are maybe better value propositions (G35x), but none match the driving experience. I had high hopes for the G35x since its close on paper, but its much less civilized in real life and I feel still a ways behind. BMW downsides are price and the back seat is bit tight, but I have two kids in car seats and it works ok.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth compatability, ipod integration, rain sensing wipers are all nice, but the driving characteristics are the favorite features hands down.
Suggested Improvements
Well, if they could make it about $5k less, I would really, really like it. I've got serious indigestion over the run flat tires, a slightly bigger back seat would be nice if could be had without adding too much weight.