2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Nothing better out there!

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Nothing better out there!
By beakhunt on

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've just finished breaking in my 2008; this car is a thrill to drive. And this coming from a guy that used to drive only as a necessary evil! From front bumper to rear bumper, this car is first-class. It may cost a bit more than some, but trust me, the first time you accelerate to 130 mph on the Autobahn (or I guess you can't do that in the States) or take a tight corner, you'll be glad you spent the extra dollars! This is easily the #1 car in its class with US military in Germany, and that's against some stiff competition from Audi and the like. Throw in the warranty, and you can't go wrong!

Acceleration, handling, both interior and exterior fit and finish. I can't feel any turbo lag. iDrive is actually pretty easy, have your dealer go through it during delivery. iPod/USB interface is great, and the heated seats are best ever--there are three temp settings for a reason!

Still haven't decided about run-flats. I guess that'll change when I have to replace them! Would like to see a diesel version--they have it in Germany, and it equals the gas 328i with better mileage. BMW Germany says maybe next year?? Turn signals are not a problem after 100 miles or so.