2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: No Test Drive Needed - Just Do

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

No Test Drive Needed - Just Do It
By dee on

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it without a test drive. And already over 4K miles on it after just 3 months of driving (can't put the keys down). My first BMW, and I'm very satisfied. Found out after buying it that the wife wasn't going to drive it so I should have gone for the 335xi or the coupe (but there's always next year). Handles very nicely even with the run flats (see note below). Nice solid feel while in motion. Power is good for my driving environment (mostly city). So the extra horses of the 335 would go mostly unused except for the occasional weekend drive.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, iPod interface, folding mirrors (I park in a tight, dark garage at work), and the auto/manual transmission. The "backup" sensor has also saved me a few times from wall to bumper interaction (also due to the above mentioned garage).

Suggested Improvements

Dump the run flats and put back a spare (with a donut if necessary). The run flats lower your aftermarket rim options. Offer the options a la carte. Clean up the automatic gear selections. Get rid of the useless driver's cup holder (which is on the passenger side).