More perfromance, less luxury
By Chris on
2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Great car. Bought premium, sport, and nav packages. Didn't really want iPod kit or xenon headlights but love that I got them. Wanted iDrive more for computer control of functions than for GPS but like the GPS capability, especially searching for nearby businesses. More sport than others I considered, such as Merc-300 sport, Audi A4 & A6. You will feel the road, corners and bumps so if you drive bad roads take that into consideration. Corners great and acceleration is plenty for most. Standard sound system is great for my non-audiofile ears.
Favorite Features
BMW paid great attention to little things, such as tilting passenger side mirror in reverse, cruise control indicator on speedometer, highly adjustable seats, programmable automatic ventilation when engine is off (hot day in sun), good gas mileage for class, ventilated center storage.
Suggested Improvements
Only little things. Everyone says cupholders and iDrive. I can reach middle cupholder just fine. iDrive does take some learning and could be more intuitive but once you have it down, $2100 cost is worth it. Window & mirror controls are hard to reach when seat is way back since armest slopes forward.