It IS the Ultimate Driving Machine
By davids on
2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
I've owned the vehicle for a year, although I'm storing it for the winter, and couldn't love it more. The performance and handling are outstanding (unless you try to drive in 1/2" of snow with the Sports Package). If you really want to have fun with it I highly recommend installing the Dinan Performance Engine Software upgrade. For $2k you can increase the power output to 384hp and the torque to 421lb-ft (and Dinan will match BMW's new car warranty). It's no M but honestly it's plenty fast and nimble for quite a bit less cash. It's sporty and fun when you want it to be yet still smooth and refined.
Favorite Features
Love the interior design and the use of materials. The Dakota leather smells sooo good you can taste it. Sound system is excellent. The coupe's exterior has a much sleeker look than the sedan and it looks like it's ready to take off even parked in the drive.
Suggested Improvements
The iDrive does not have a intuitive user interface which I understand has been improved for 2009. That's all I could complain about - I love it!