2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Fun to drive when not in shop

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Fun to drive when not in shop
By soccerprnt on

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved it when new. After 45000 miles I wish I had never heard of BMW. This car is continually having issues. It started with the antilock brake light coming on intermittently, about once a month. It was at the dealers at least 4 times for this before the problem was finally fixed. Similar problem with engine light coming 3 visits to fix this. Recently my clock has been clearing the time. Engine now stalling out occasionally while I am driving the car. Happens after driving from a few hundred feet to about a mile after I have begun driving it. Extremely dangerous. Diagnosed bad battery . Not covered under warrenty. They also did a programming update on the engine.

Handles great. Fun car to drive

Needs to have a better charging system. My battery died in 3 years and it is not covered under maintenance and warranty because this car is not driven once a day at least 10 highway miles in one trip. Never mind that I drive about 4 miles to work every day and take a 80 mile (both ways) trip once a week with it (44,000 miles over 3 years). Tires need to last longer than 12,000 miles. The reliability in general needs considerable work. I know that this car would be higher maintenance than my old Honda, however, I never expected the reliability to be so bad. The above does not include anywhere near all of the issues I have had with this car.