Fun Car
By FTB on
2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
My car has everything except the sports package and HD radio. Everything works very well, even the iDrive that people seem to hate. It could be a bit more intuitive, but it is not useless. Real time traffic information isn't very helpful. Navigation works pretty good, but at some intersections, information didn't come soon enough. RFTs make the steering heavier. When I got a nail in one of them, it took several days to get a replacement. Power top mechanism works very well. With the top up, you get a decent cargo space, I think. With the top down, you still have a space enough for a couple of airplane carry on size bags. No mechanical problem so far at 2000 miles.
Favorite Features
Good acceleration, power top mechanism. Good handling, good visibilty with the top up. Maintenance program like no other. Fit and finish. Great colors. Quietness.
Suggested Improvements
No RFT and a spare. Switch for trunk release should stay on to make it easier to find. Menu selection botton for iDrive should be on the dash side. Comfort Access doesn't really add anything. Keep working with the iDrive. Auto dimming rear view mirror doesn't dim as much as my previous car (Audi).