2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Dream Car

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

Dream Car
By tinbmore on

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my 335xi for almost 2 years. (6 speed manual, platinum bronze metallic, cw package, adaptivelights) It has 44K miles and my total maintenance cost has been an oil changes, a set of tires and a set of spark plugs (turbo needs them replaced at 45K mi). Agree with other posters, this just a downright FAST car. High speed merge, no problem, pop it down into 3rd and "engage".

Nav is greatly superior to japanese designs. ipod control is sweet. AWD has never sliped in icy conditions, 8 way seats with lumbar and heat can't be beat. Auto windows down feature is great for people like me who prefer open windows and sunroof to A/C. Saw other poster comlain about trunk space, I carry a golf pull cart, golf bag, storage box, two pairs of golf shoes and more and have no problems. Fold down rear seats are cool too.

Still don't know how to save radio stations. Minimal interior storage areas (I even replaced the ash tray with available sunglass storage tray) Pet peeves:Voice recongnition cue takes too long after it asks you a question, I'm constantly talking to it before it is listening. And here a real nit pick: The doors make really tinny sound when you shut them. My E46 had a more luxurious "thunk" sound.