2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Better with every mile

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Better with every mile
By ShewbieDo on

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and my only regret is that I waited this long to buy it. I think of it as a jewelbox: small and compact, but very well constructed. It's the perfect personal luxury car for those who like to drive. There's nothing flashy about it, other than the badge, yet it still gets looks. Although some of the controls appear counterintuitive at first, most of the driving-related controls are well thought out, and make sense after you understand the reason behind their design. I'm very pleased with the quietness and comfort for the front seats, although if you are a large/tall person, you might need to look at a 5- series. The back seats are for kids and people you don't like. Buy one!

Favorite Features

Auto-dimming mirrors that really work. Styling. Puddle lamps under door handles. One-touch power windows on all 4 doors. Rain-sensing wipers. I never realized how loud my other car is until I got used to this one. Perfect package!

Suggested Improvements

Auto HVAC workings are a mystery. The non-driving related controls (radio, ac, etc) feel a bit cheap for this class. A real cup-holder would be nice: think Honda. In sum, nothing that would prevent me from buying it again.