Best Car I've Owned
By sociopath on
2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I owned a 2002 325i before I bought my 2008 328i sedan new four years ago. The OEM Bridgestone run-flats were even more awful than many folks are willing to say. After my run-flats wore out at only 16K, I replaced them with a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. After 10K, these tires are wearing very well and give me a soft, quiet, and great-handling ride. The car has been incredibly reliable--simply outstanding since the beginning--and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. It has a sporty yet secure, comfottable ride and I get about 18 mpg in the city and almost 30 on the highway.
Favorite Features
I like everything about this car. It's big enough, but not too big. It isn't a pocket rocket, but has more than enough power. I didn't get lots of extras: the sport package and the moon roof are enough for me. At first, I thought the leatherette might be a downside, but it has turned out to be fine. I think I like it more than leather. It came with wood trim, which looks phony, but I'm told it's the real deal.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing is perfect, and I suppose I could nit-pick, and that's what it would be. At first, I hated the cup holders, but they work well and I like the fact that they can be concealed when not in use. The only real problem was those terrible OEM run-flats.