2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Don't Worry About Price, Get the 335
By BMW4Life on 03/26/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I originally did not want to spend $46,000 for a car, but the upgrade from the 328 to the 335 is definitly worth it. It is ten times faster, much more agile, and grip to the road is amazing. The Sport Package is also worth the money.

328I Options
By Cari on 03/23/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW and all of the new features are very disappointing. The navigation system is a joke, the sales person told me that the reason it is not a touch screen is because it encourages drivers to pay to attention to the road. Try getting anywhere with a big button that controls everything and one mistake will force you to start over. I love BMWs for driving and I love the way they look but if you have recently moved and are looking for assitance in navigating through a city like Los Angeles this is not the car for you. In addition, the new cup holders block the passengers air vents and they are not convenient at all. The new placement of the window controls is not user friendly.

BEST CAR FOR 2008
By carchic on 03/23/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing! I owned an identical one previously and got this one with the sport package and what a difference. It's quicker, hugs every turn and the steering is tight and you always feel in control of your car. I have owned Audi and Mercedes in the past and this car outperforms them for 2008.

Thrill to drive
By geno on 03/11/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased a 335i sedan and took delivery 10 days ago. Without a doubt, this is the best car I have ever owned. I was a diehard Audi driver for many years (A4, S4, A6). The handling and acceleration are phenomenal. This car is nimble, agile, and very quiet even at cruising speeds of 80mph. I am getting 21mpg in city driving and the car has not even been broken in yet. The torque curve is great and allows for acceleration in any gear without any engine stress. I can't wait to open it up a little after the break-in period. I even like the run flat tires (sort of). I was pleasantly surprised at the ride they give coupled with the sport package and manual transmission. Get this car!

Solid, Sporty, Elegant!
By John on 02/24/08 05:47 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is truly amazing! I only have 300 miles on it, but it is a dream. Accelerates effortlessly, rides smoothly with sport package compared to Infiniti. The iDrive is absolutely amazing. It is very intuitive. HD radio clarity is superior, way better than the sirius satellite radio that is installed. The bluetooth system displays all of my contact information from my iPhone, including missed calls. Seats are very comfortable. As long as the car remains reliable, I see no reason to ever buy another brand. Premium, Sport, Comfort Access, Navi, Automatic.

BMW > Infiniti
By Adam on 02/16/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was debating between the BMW 3- Series and Infiniti G35 Journey. The G35 would cost the same price with navigation and 300+ HP. I went for the BMW because of the luxurious cabin and sporty exterior. Reliability has been spot-on since day one. Build quality is best I have seen in years. Even with the sport package, the Grey Leather Seats seem to be supportive and comfortable. The Monaco Blue is a great color and it goes well with the Grey Leather. Sport package is definitely worth the extra money. I did not buy the navigation because of iDrive. Xenon is great. This car grips to the road amazing too.

One thing that you should know
By Christian on 01/20/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

By far this is a great car. I live in Orange County, CA, it's my 2nd lease of a 3-series. One thing that bothers me is the tires that BMW decided to put on these cars. They Bridgstone Turanza EL 42 Model RFT (Run Flat Tires), it comes standard on all BMW. I have about 600 miles on the car and just had a nail on of the tires. BMW dealer would not patch this and tires are not part of warranty. Costs about $300/tire to get a new one each time you have a bad luck running over a nail. In addition, they last only about 10,000 - 15,000 without mileage warranty from Bridgestone.

1st time BMW owner
By 1st time BMW owner on 01/15/08 21:09 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I think I did more research on my new vehicle purchase than my marriage candidate. I test drove them all -- C350, IS 350, G35 etc.. It was the 335i that captured my senses. WOW! What a car! What an engine! This car is worth easily over $60k. BMW 335i is so underrated.

Nothing better out there!
By beakhunt on 01/15/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've just finished breaking in my 2008; this car is a thrill to drive. And this coming from a guy that used to drive only as a necessary evil! From front bumper to rear bumper, this car is first-class. It may cost a bit more than some, but trust me, the first time you accelerate to 130 mph on the Autobahn (or I guess you can't do that in the States) or take a tight corner, you'll be glad you spent the extra dollars! This is easily the #1 car in its class with US military in Germany, and that's against some stiff competition from Audi and the like. Throw in the warranty, and you can't go wrong!

Definitely the Ultimate Driving Machine!
By trojanfanjen on 01/05/08 10:10 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got the 4-door 328i for Christmas, my first BMW. I've had 2 Acuras prior to this car, and the BMW makes the Acura drive like a Ford. It's amazing!! Handling is incredible. Run flat tires make for a very smooth ride. Turning radius can't be beat. Takes tight curves really smoothly, and the acceleration is amazing. I truly LOVE this car, and can't imagine driving anything but a BMW from here on out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.