2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Another rave
By jebaril on 08/07/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is easily the best car I've ever owned, in every aspect. It's beautiful to look at both in and out, and I now understand why the BMW Client Advisors talk about BMW luxury being built around the performance. Performance first, luxury second. It's true. I've owned many Mercedes (all used, admittedly) and this car replaces a stolen, top-of-the-line, completely optioned Jetta 2.0T, which had been the most sophisticated car I'd owned, and the Bimmer outshines them all in every conceivable way. I have premium, steptronic, xenon, iPod, comfort access, alpine white with special lemon/dakota leather.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By BMWFamily on 08/04/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently picked up my 328i Sedan with Sport and Cold Weather Packages and as with the other BMWs in my family am supremely impressed. BMW still is able to capture that essential quality that makes a car the Ultimate Driving Machine. From the good gas mileage to the silky smooth 6-spd manual, the 328i with sport package captures BMW's excellent handling characteristics at a relatively affordable price. All in all I am hugely impressed with the 328i and would in fact take the weight savings and naturally aspirated engine over the turbo motor (having only owned naturally aspirated BMWs in the past and having a very bad experience with a 1986 745i Turbo).

335xi Coupe
By B on 08/01/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got the car last October. Nothing but issues with it. Shifts hard, constant jerking. Also experiencing issues with the oil sensor. Today my car has been in the shop for 5 days because of a bad fuel pump apparently. Waiting for BMW to send the part! Not happy with it !

An engine with a drop top to go with it
By Hoo pics on 07/27/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted a convertible; got a rocket ship without a roof. The 305 hp engine mated with a 6 speed ZF auto trany is a masterwork -- smooth power and precise shifts in all situations. The 3-part roof is a miracle of modern engineering; owning it out of warranty would scare me (est $20k+ repl. cost). My biggest gripe on the roof is it leaks in pressure car washes; even so it is dry in rain and quiet on the road. Sound system is ok, and clear even with the top down. The standard (non-sport) seats are excellent, with fantastic seat heaters. Gripes: car without sport package is mushy in the corners. Run flat tires are a stupid joke. Interior fit/finish not great. A/C weakish. 16 mpg city.

BMW, It Is the Ultimate
By locdoc on 07/26/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just leased my 5th BMW, a beautiful 335i sedan with the turbo. I traded in a 2007 Cadillac STS with the Northstar V-8. The BMW is heads and shoulders above the Cadillac in every way. It is more stylish, faster, better handling, and much better quality.

Love It
By Kelly on 07/26/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just received my car, have had it in my possession for 48 hours and I cant leave it alone! I read the reviews on this car daily before I bought it and I couldn't be happier. The Germans make a fine machine. It handles like a dream, has amazing pick up, very quick little car and is just everything I hoped for. The leather soft and not sticky, the interior is beautiful. A lot of comments were made regarding the run flats- they are for purpose and safety but I think they make for a smooth ride.

Wonderful car
By Paul A. on 07/25/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is just right...Amazing that people are whining about the small cups holders...if you are getting a bimmer,just drive...Leave your coffee and soda for later...The handling is awesome,including the RFT. They are there for handling, performance and SAFETY. More and more companies are going to RFT because the safety. The car is a joy to drive with up to 32 miles/gal on highway...Not too bad from a 230hp engine...I love it

No Test Drive Needed - Just Do It
By dee on 07/23/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it without a test drive. And already over 4K miles on it after just 3 months of driving (can't put the keys down). My first BMW, and I'm very satisfied. Found out after buying it that the wife wasn't going to drive it so I should have gone for the 335xi or the coupe (but there's always next year). Handles very nicely even with the run flats (see note below). Nice solid feel while in motion. Power is good for my driving environment (mostly city). So the extra horses of the 335 would go mostly unused except for the occasional weekend drive.

Best Car
By bmw4life on 07/22/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive, smooth transmission, and ride, and with very convenient features.

Phenomenal Car
By Jim S on 07/18/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this car for fun; the Suburban carries the loads when needed. We've owned BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo and Saab. Nothing drives like a BMW. This was an indulgence and we don't regret it a bit! Car is Monaco (midnight) blue, tan leather, Premium Pkg, iDrive, Sirius, iPod, auto and cold weather package. The car doesn't have the Sport Package, and IMHO doesn't need it. In fact, I think it makes the ride more comfortable. The most fun is when you need to step on it a little to pass somebody or enter a freeway. The power is immediate, the handling is precise and secure. It's just plain fun! We're loving this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$164 per month*