2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Worth every penny!!
By Bob on 05/15/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in New Hampshire. We just experienced the snowiest winter in 135 years of record keeping! I got this car on 12/31/07, what perfect timing!! I cannot say enough about how impressive this car is. The Xdrive system was engineered for exactly what weather we experienced this winter. I felt so confident every trip I took in absolutely terrible weather conditions. Aside from the obvious top notch winter weather performance, this car with all the bells and whistles (nav, iPod, prem. pkg, cold pkg, steptronic) is so much fun to drive! It's scary fast! The 328xi is nice, but this car is awesome! I highly recommend getting all the options I did. You will not be disappointed.

Really the Ultimate Drive
By Guitarguy on 05/13/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this over the competion for a 4 door AWD sedan. I will have to get winter run-flat booties, but that is a minor inconvenience. My daughter runs iDrive like a pro, without reading the manual. It is not nearly as bad as most of the auto rags make it out to be. the cup holders are kinda wonky, but there really is nowhere else to put em. Keyless entry is the way to go. I have the sports package and the seats are great. The engine is a piece of art. The gas mileage is about the same as was my former AWD Volvo, and more that 80hp more power. Fit and finish is top shelf. The stereo is great, and quite flat in audio response. Car is very quiet, except when you boot it, and hear that engine!

Great Value In A Sport Sedan
By BMW Convert on 05/12/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought I would describe a BMW as a great value but boy was I wrong. After shopping Audi, Infiniti, Acura and Lexus I found the 328i to offer a great driving experience for the money. While the competion often out horsepowered the 3 liter 230 hp BMW powerplant, none offered even comparable handling or ride. To allow owning 2 cars (my second is a Boxster S) I kept the options on my BMW everyday driver at a minimum (leather/power seats). The standard features offered provided plenty of luxury for a sports sedan with the interior offering beauty through simplicity. Most importantly, I really enjoy driving this car! Do yourself a favor, before buying another sports sedan drive a BMW.

More perfromance, less luxury
By Chris on 05/05/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Bought premium, sport, and nav packages. Didn't really want iPod kit or xenon headlights but love that I got them. Wanted iDrive more for computer control of functions than for GPS but like the GPS capability, especially searching for nearby businesses. More sport than others I considered, such as Merc-300 sport, Audi A4 & A6. You will feel the road, corners and bumps so if you drive bad roads take that into consideration. Corners great and acceleration is plenty for most. Standard sound system is great for my non-audiofile ears.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Jason Morrow on 05/05/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car! A little pricey for size and power but it handles like no other car. Comfort access is a must have and so, too, is split fold down seats. Only problem with car is warning triangle came on twice which the dealer fixed. Test drove IS 350 and though the Lexus has more power, it was way too small and confining. BMW gets a nudge on handling as well. If you got for just basic car w\sports package, you are getting a hell of a car for about the same as a Chrysler or high end Ford. No comparison.

The Ultimate Sports Sedan Bar None!!!
By Mel on 04/14/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a sports coupe but needed 4 doors so I compromised and bought the 335i sedan. With 300hp and tons of torque, it's the best of both worlds. It is unbelievably fast, yet can handle the chores and hum-drum driving of daily life. Going from 60-120 mph is effortless and so easy that I have to keep reminding myself I can't drive this way in the U.S. (Thankfully, I live in Germany at the moment). Whenever I want to put a smile on my face, all I have to do is prod the pedal and hold on till the speed quickly reaches triple digits. I drove the G35, Benz, Audi, and the Volvo. They were nice cars but this one is great. I have no regrets. The 335i is the ultimate sports sedan, bar none!

German Bank Vault
By My first BMW on 04/07/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was going to buy a G35 but thanks to limited headroom and no help from Infiniti to improve headroom, I picked the 328i. What a machine... ordered from the factory with Prem, Sport, Xenon, Comfort Access about a month ago and I've been smiling ever since. Razor like handling, & ample power. The traction control works VERY well on wet or slushy WA roads -- no regrets for passing up the xi.

Ultimate driving machine
By ochie629 on 04/06/08 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been very impressed so far after taking delivery of my new 328xi. The tight cornering, quick acceleration, and solid feel are the best selling points. BMW USA and my local dealer have treated me like royalty! The exterior styling is not over-the-top, but elegant and bordering on conservative. The performance and power are exceptional. The advanced technology is not overwhelming - it just works. I am very happy.

Love the Car
By Tank on 03/29/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I did not think that paying the extra money for the BMW over the infinit, acura, lexus, etc would really be worth it. I was so very wrong, this car drives and rides so much better then anything I have ever owned. I had the chance to drive back to back the M35 2 weeks after I got my 335i (brand new rental) and wow, I loved the M35 until I owned the BMW. If you are considering any of those cars, you will not be disappointed in the 335i sedan. Impressed is an understatement.

328i 6MT, Sports, Premium, Xenons
By SofaOnASock on 03/27/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving the Lexus IS 350, Mercedes C300, Infiniti G35S, BMW 328i and BMW 335i. I finally ordered a BMW 328i w/ 6MT, Sports, Premium, and Xenons... a pretty basic car in my mind as BMW tends to nickel and dime you for basics in a luxury sedan, i.e. leather seats, power seats, xenon headlamps. Although BMW is relatively the most expensive, the handling is definitely the best for an entry-level luxury sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.