2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best Car
By bmw4life on 07/22/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive, smooth transmission, and ride, and with very convenient features.

Great sports sedan for enthusiasts
By Deems on 07/14/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a well balanced sports sedan. The engine, transmission, suspension, steering, seats and controls all work together to provide a great driving experience for an enthusiastic driver. I always feel like I'm in touch with what's happening and in total control of my car. But this car isn't for everyone. The ride is too stiff for most people, especially on rough roads.

Meets Expectations
By Mark G on 07/06/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Expecting a let down from my 2005 325i w/ Sport pkg, this car is a pleasant surprise. Overall more solid, quieter, more lively, and 1-2 mpg better (22-24 overall, 33 max hwy), this car meets my high expectations. Equipped w/ auto & paddles, Sport, Premium, Cold, & Sirius. Interior is very comfortable and sporty with brushed alum trim and brown leather. Elec turn signal lever/high beams make other cars seem old fashioned after you adjust. Dislike is long reach to driver door window/mirror switches. Exterior and interior lighting effective and exude understated quality. Use 16" snows in winter with no problem. Harsher summer run flats disappoint; handling and driveline are wonderful.

OMG!!!
By merlin1000 on 06/16/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Automatic with paddle shifters, sports package, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, IPod adapter. Wow this car is fast, I smoked a late model Trans Am while trying to pass on the freeway. I decided to upgrade to a new performance chip, adding an additional 60 HP! I love coming up next to another 335i and seeing the look on their face in my rearview mirror with I pull away from them! As you can imagine, I get crappy gas mileage but since I travel so much and only drive my car mostly on the weekends, I only refill my tank every couple of weeks. I see a lot of complaints about the iDrive system but if you read the manual and learn the voice commands, it makes it much more usable. Thank you BMW.

BMW it is!!
By AutoEngineer on 06/13/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was considering the following cars Accord V6, Lexus IS 250, Audi A4 2.0T Quattro and the BMW 328i. I'm an engineer by profession and have studied these cars extensively. My suggestion to anyone that is looking for a performance oriented car looking to purchase one, don't go by the bhp, rather look for torque and the rpm it is generated at. No regrets buying the BMW, its immaculate. No wonder it is the benchmark of its segment. Rear wheel drive gives a great sporty feel, avoid the all wheel drive. If you want AWD, buy the Audi. The quattro is far better than the xi models of BMW. BMW's got amazing gear ratios, an engine that responds at cruising rpm to accelerations and it sure turns heads!

Great choice-- love this car
By Rees on 06/06/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a 328i. Test drove A4, TSX, TL, IS250, and G35. Finally decided to test out the 3-series for comparison. I was sold as soon as I took the wheel and stepped on the gas. This car rocks. Looks good, fun to drive, great acceleration.

True to the motto of the ultimate driving
By Motorhead on 05/27/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I presented myself this car for my 25th birthday, which I thought was an amazing experience; till I pushed this car around. BMW has the reputation of using not too expensive parts, but making them work to the fullest performance and I experience this every time I push the start engine button. I drove about 5200 miles in this car and no problems at all. This car has the awesome sound of a line 6, which cannot be duplicated! The throttle response is amazing and so is the comfort! I never drove around in the snow because I store it, but I drove it around on dry winter days and the heat insulation is terrific! The seat fits perfect and the visibility is awesome too. My thoughts: worth it!!

Avoid the iDrive
By Lex Anderson on 05/21/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My new 08 335i is is all BMW promised that it would be in the performance area, however, the Rubiconian iDrive that no one seems to like is frustrating at best. This sadistic torture device should be put in a museum of failed technology.

Good Buy?
By J.Schumacher on 05/19/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle almost one year now and I really do like it. My biggest concern revolves around, when does technology outpace the needs of the average driver. Building a car that requires the buyer to only frequent BMW for service is smart on their part but when does that backfire ? That being said, the car has been problem free and is still the best handling car I've ever owned. To do it all over again... maybe Audi A4 next time. After an exhaustive search for a new vehicle it was neck and neck with the BMW.

It's all about the performance
By BLove on 05/19/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After waiting over 20 years, I finally purchased my first BMW and it has been everything I've ever wanted. The turbo charged engine is what ultimately sold me the 335 over the 328. Living in a city with steep winding hills I wanted a car that I could depend on to deliver the necessary power and handling and the 335xi delivers. I bought the car for the driving experience it provides, nothing more! If you want fancier gadgets then buy a lexus, but if you want the top of the line driving car, then you have to buy the BMW!