2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Can't Read Radio Dial w/ Sun Glasses
By Murphy on 09/09/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handles well, and looks good, but the radio fades in and out (known BMW problem, but no fix at this time) and I can't read the radio when wearing polarized sun glasses. I asked the dealership about this and they said BMW knows about it, but no fix. I was shocked that BMW would build a car with a radio that we can't read the radio dials when wearing polarized sun glasses. I never had this problem with prior cars. Also, the Jet black paint scratches too easily.

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA on 09/09/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

2008 328i Auto/Metallic/IPOD
By lipsmasher on 09/01/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling is awesome. Power is incredible. I tried the DS mode and the steptronic and car left in a hurry. Fuel economy so far is about 24 MPG 75%/25% highway/city. Seems to do badly in stop and go traffic. Test drove a C300, IS250, and C230. BMW was far superior in all categories.

This Car Rocks
By Rob Miller on 08/11/08 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2003 325i for a 2008 328i. This is no "luxury-boat," but it is a head-turner. I bought this car because my 325i was almost perfect for 5 1/2 years. BMWs have strong bloodlines, and if you see a six year old BMW on the street, you know what it is. I got the Sports package, 6 speed manual, leatherette, and little else because the car comes so well equipped. I like the wood grain dash, although it looks a little shiny and plastic. This car seems a little bigger and more.

Another rave
By jebaril on 08/07/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is easily the best car I've ever owned, in every aspect. It's beautiful to look at both in and out, and I now understand why the BMW Client Advisors talk about BMW luxury being built around the performance. Performance first, luxury second. It's true. I've owned many Mercedes (all used, admittedly) and this car replaces a stolen, top-of-the-line, completely optioned Jetta 2.0T, which had been the most sophisticated car I'd owned, and the Bimmer outshines them all in every conceivable way. I have premium, steptronic, xenon, iPod, comfort access, alpine white with special lemon/dakota leather.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By BMWFamily on 08/04/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently picked up my 328i Sedan with Sport and Cold Weather Packages and as with the other BMWs in my family am supremely impressed. BMW still is able to capture that essential quality that makes a car the Ultimate Driving Machine. From the good gas mileage to the silky smooth 6-spd manual, the 328i with sport package captures BMW's excellent handling characteristics at a relatively affordable price. All in all I am hugely impressed with the 328i and would in fact take the weight savings and naturally aspirated engine over the turbo motor (having only owned naturally aspirated BMWs in the past and having a very bad experience with a 1986 745i Turbo).

BMW, It Is the Ultimate
By locdoc on 07/26/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just leased my 5th BMW, a beautiful 335i sedan with the turbo. I traded in a 2007 Cadillac STS with the Northstar V-8. The BMW is heads and shoulders above the Cadillac in every way. It is more stylish, faster, better handling, and much better quality.

Love It
By Kelly on 07/26/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just received my car, have had it in my possession for 48 hours and I cant leave it alone! I read the reviews on this car daily before I bought it and I couldn't be happier. The Germans make a fine machine. It handles like a dream, has amazing pick up, very quick little car and is just everything I hoped for. The leather soft and not sticky, the interior is beautiful. A lot of comments were made regarding the run flats- they are for purpose and safety but I think they make for a smooth ride.

Wonderful car
By Paul A. on 07/25/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is just right...Amazing that people are whining about the small cups holders...if you are getting a bimmer,just drive...Leave your coffee and soda for later...The handling is awesome,including the RFT. They are there for handling, performance and SAFETY. More and more companies are going to RFT because the safety. The car is a joy to drive with up to 32 miles/gal on highway...Not too bad from a 230hp engine...I love it

No Test Drive Needed - Just Do It
By dee on 07/23/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it without a test drive. And already over 4K miles on it after just 3 months of driving (can't put the keys down). My first BMW, and I'm very satisfied. Found out after buying it that the wife wasn't going to drive it so I should have gone for the 335xi or the coupe (but there's always next year). Handles very nicely even with the run flats (see note below). Nice solid feel while in motion. Power is good for my driving environment (mostly city). So the extra horses of the 335 would go mostly unused except for the occasional weekend drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.