Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

335xi Coupe
By B

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got the car last October. Nothing but issues with it. Shifts hard, constant jerking. Also experiencing issues with the oil sensor. Today my car has been in the shop for 5 days because of a bad fuel pump apparently. Waiting for BMW to send the part! Not happy with it !

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, bluetooth, the stereo system is really nice.

Suggested Improvements

cupholders, and the iDrive. Needs a user friendly navi.

Second time around as good as the first!
By rattlerjw

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW and let me tell you, BMW has made some huge upgrades. Three years ago I owned a 330i sedan w/ M inspired performance package. This car is way better on so many levels. For starters the 300 hp engine is very powerful. In third gear I'm already at 100 mph. This car is FAST! Also, the color options are great. I choose sparkling graphite w/ coral red leather. The interior and exterior designs are very pleasing to the eye. Great options are available like the iPod connection, comfort access, and rear park distance alert. Another cool feature is the ability to retract the side mirrors automatically with a push of button. Overall, this is a great car that I highly recommend!

Favorite Features

iPod connection, Comfort Access, smooth & powerful 300 hp engine, great design (coral red leather is an eye-catcher), no turbo lag, Logic7 systems (sounds amazingly clear)

Suggested Improvements

the seatbelt is very snug, cup holders aren't very practical, iDrive is NOT intuitive at all

BMW is 3 for 3
By Paul Schroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We just picked this car up two days ago, and are already in love. It is faster than my Porsche Boxster, and nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. It is supremely comfortable with great technology gizmos. I have wanted this car since it first came out, and am not disappointed. There is a little body lean, but it is still great for its size and the type of car. We have owned two other BMWs, a Z4 and a 330 convertible, but this is the best by far.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, iPod, paddle shifters, sport seats, stereo, speed, braking.

Suggested Improvements

Sell it without run flats, so it would ride better and get better mileage. My Porsche comes with an air compressor and a can of tire sealant, so it also saves the weight of a spare.

Too fast for commuting
By flix

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car but so powerful you have to be light on the gas in DC rush hour traffic. Make sure to get the leather interior, premium package for max comfort.

Favorite Features

Power, power seatbelts, smart windshield wipers, interior, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy - did the EPA measure it downwind in a hurricane?

The last BMW for me
By imgnohc

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The first 4 months of driving the car is everything I expected. It felt great. Then the mechanical problems began. This is my second and my last BMW. I had similar terrible problems with my first BMW but I loved the body style of this latest 3 series and couldn't resist. But, I've learned my lesson. Problems I've encountered in the last 3 months include overheating engine, electrical problems with my windows and door locks, a/c not functioning at low speed, scratches caused by service center, etc.

Favorite Features

Beautiful styling, power, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Never ending engine and electrical problems.