2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Too Bad the Seats Are Vinyl
By Alex in MD on 03/13/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

An otherwise fine car is marred by the standard vinyl "leatherette" seats that have no place on a luxury sports car. While "leatherette" may look fine, no matter what you call it, vinyl is hot, sticky and uncomfortable. Why don't they just offer and market honest cloth seats on the base model. BMW was remarkably uncooperative in addressing the complaint. While the seats could have easily been recovered in leather, BMW wanted a whopping $6,000 for the leather covers (when the leather package costs only $1,350 to order). The car is nimble and great fun to drive, but the standard seats and total lack of customer support are troubling.

Great car
By block1974 on 03/04/08 20:06 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased in Jan. and had it built in Germany. That is cool, custom built. The more I drive it, more I like it. I have automatic, and seems it is little sluggish off the line, but not a big deal. the 328xi may not be as powerful as 335 as I have read, but it is plenty. The coupe has plenty of trunk room for coupe. Single guys, you will love it. I am in Mass. and the 328xi is great in snow, and ice. No regrets. Great style, handling. Worth the wait. Keep eye on speed, easy to fly with ease, and quietness.

Great car, amazing with chip!
By Scott M. on 03/02/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Edmunds alludes, in its full test, to the potential for aftermarket chips to greatly improve the performance of this car. I can attest to this, having installed Dinan performance software about a week after delivery of the car. My car pulls extremely strong, especially north of 3000 rpm. Plus, Dinan matches BMW's 4/50 powertrain warranty. I love this car.

2008 BMW 335i
By Dan on 03/02/08 06:15 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

THis the first BMW I've owned. I always thought spending more than 25K on a car was a waste of money. I was wrong. This car is an absolute hoot. Acceleration, handling, braking are outstanding, like the racing go-cart I always wanted. It is scary fast. The seats are comfortable; dash well laid out. Stereo sounds fantastic. And its a damn sharp looking car.

328XI Coupe
By Jeff on 02/19/08 10:53 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was torn between the 335 and the 328 because of the diffrence in power, When I test drove them both I was shocked how fast the 335 was but was also surprised how much power the 328 had. I decided with today's gas prices and my left foot the 328 was right for me. This is a great all around car if your in the market for a cold weather coupe.

Worth The Wait And Every Penny Spent
By Satisfied Customer on 02/08/08 21:05 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Took ownership of my 335i coupe in Oct. 2007. Space Grey exterior w/Cream Beige interior. After waiting 3 months for it to arrive from Germany, I was wondering if it was really worth all the hype... ABSOLUTELY!! By far the most amazing drive ever! If you can pony up the extra cash for the twin-turbos, you won't be disappointed. Effortless acceleration. Truly fun to drive! I find myself making excuses to drive any and everywhere! Beautiful interior. Nav and iPod integration are a must. The only knock to the inside is the cupholders?!? But if cupholders make or break car buying, get a minivan! Previously owned a Lexus and have no regrets switching to BMW! Truly the ultimate driving machine!

I can't drive 55
By Ramblinman on 02/05/08 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335 coupe is the fastest car I've ever owned. I constantly find that I'm driving a lot faster than I should. It's quiet, handles like a slot car and accelerates like a V-8. Mileage is almost the same as my 10 year old 3 series. The ride with the sport suspension is harsh over rough pavement. Road noise is noticable over anything other than very smooth road. IDrive requires a learning curve. It's not intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, you have a lot of information and a lot more control over the functions of your car. Although it handles well, it is a very heavy car for its size. Brakes are a little touchy, but stop the car on a dime. The windshield is raked back steeply.

Nice Looking Car BUT...
By b. thomas on 02/04/08 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car less than a year -- already had to get the passenger front seat replaced. (The stitching came undone and the stuffing was coming out!) Already had to get the windshield replaced. (There was a stress fracture caused by the rain sensor? That's what they told me.) Had to replace most of the rear brake light bulbs (car only a few months old, remember. Never had to keep replacing the bulbs with my other cars). Tire pressure monitor light comes on even when the pressure is correct. Run flat tires stink! This was my first and last BMW purchase.

2nd best purchase ever
By Jaclyn on 01/19/08 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing. I purchased the 2008 in October of 2007. Alpine white with imola red interor. Equipt with cold weather package, sport package, bigger wheels, ipod adapters, EVERYTHING! I LOVE IT! COuldn't say enough good things about it!

Great Car On Poor Tires!
By Jim on 01/04/08 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a follow-up review to one I submitted recently on my 2008 335 xi coupe in which I gave it high marks. If you are considering this car be advised that you can only get RFTs (run flat tires). In addition the 18” five spoke wheels only come with summer performance RFTs. Note: there isn’t an all-season RFT available for the 18” wheel. If you are not familiar with RFTs be prepared for the following. RFTs give a much harder ride, cost about twice as much as conventional tires and may not be able to be fixed if you have a flat. The result of that will be a replacement tire costing $300 – $350! I replaced the original RFTs on my 335xi Coupe with conventional high perf

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe in NJ is:

$236 per month*