Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

2008 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

We miss this car already
By pbschroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe.
We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors.
We bought a 2011 X3 28i.
This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it.
Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot.
0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette.
We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling.
According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

iPod, sports seats, bluetooth, speed, handling, fuel economy.

None.

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision.
This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease.
There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice.
For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful.
I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips.
This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving.
I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Xenon Adaptive headlights, handling, accelleration, door handle LED lighting, Satellite Radio, adaptive cruise control

For the life of me, i wish the engineers would find a way to incorporate a useful cup holder for the driver! I also wish they wouldn't require the key fob to be placed in the slot in order to start the vehicle (they make you spend an extra $500 just to enjoy that "convenience").

Expensive but reliable
By del21

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

Performance Reliablity Luxury Appearance

Take the run flat tires off and put regular tires on all vehicles. These tires are to expensive.

Versatile sports car
By lfinkel

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 328xi coupe. I have owned 3 series sedan, coupe, and convertible.  Tis is the best car for me.  It is so versatile.  Drives well in the snow, totes a good amount of cargo when then seats are folded down, has tons of safety features, and overall I can drive in all weather conditions.  And it is a quintessential BMW. It handles sublime, is very fast and quick, comfortable ride, excellent stereo, and looks great.  I highly recommend this car.

Handling, acceleration, ride comfort, safe, AWD, fold down seats, iPod connection, stereo, satellite, brakes, appearance.

Mileage. I get 16-17 city and 26-27 highway.

Run Flats ruin the ride
By jdlewis95

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been buying BMW's since 1994, and this is one of the best models that BMW has ever built. BUT BMW ruined it with those horrid run-flat tires. The smallest of bumps make the car
shake because the run flats are so hard. I've bent the front rims 4 times in 3 years so bad that the steering wheel shimmied like crazy. When BMW starts building cars with the Sport Package without the run-flat tires, the I will buy BMW again. The fuel pump went out at 30K and BMW replaced it, no problems. The run-flat tires ruin the ride, so I have put BMW "on-hold".

I-Drive control, blue tooth, auto door opener, everything but the run flats

Get rid of the run flat tires.