Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2008 335i Convertible
By gm77

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This our first BMW and probably will not be our last. First impression is very favorable. This car has great balance and performance and room for 4 and iDrive isn't the nightmare some make it out to be. Trunk size works for us. A large suitcase fits sideways under the top spacer along with my wife's makeup case and odds and ends. Plenty for a long weekend. My biggest gripe is with BMW making a decent iPod connection and sat radio an option. On a car in this price range in today's world, these should be standard. The wheels are ok, almost "boring". Fit and finish is good, just one dash rattle.

Engine, interior, top operation, stereo, overall performance with comfort.

More stylish wheels, iPod and sat radio should be standard. Re-engineer the brake pads, they make dust standing still.

'08 BMW 335i Convertible
By George

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First BMW and we wish we had purchased one sooner. This is a great car with no glaring weaknesses. I'm confused about the reviews on the trunk space. We can put a medium size (larger than carry on) suitcase and my wife's makeup case and other odds and ends under the "top down" space divider with no problem. More than enough space for a long weekend for 2. If we went with soft sided luggage, it would be even better. We have Nav, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport and Comfort access packages. In today's world, Sirius, iPod and windblocker should come standard. This is our only complaint with BMW being so cheesy in this price range.

Top operation, performance, handling and paint quality. Stereo is great even with top down on the freeway.

Better looking wheels, dressier brake callipers. Make sat radio and charging iPod controller standard.

4th Bmw 2nd Convertible
By tnbldr

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning 4 previous BMWs including my most recent, a fully loaded 06 530i, I was a bit hesitant in going back to a 3 series. Not any longer! They have substantially upgraded the 3s and with the premium, sport and navi system which I opted for, I do not even remotely miss my 5. This car has so much power and is extremely fun to drive! I love it! The retractable hardtop is a show stopper everywhere I go. Even with the top up, the car is amazing. Very quiet while driving, even at interstate speed! My only complaint is the exhaust note. It sort of sounds like one of the cars from "The Fast and Furious." Not exactly the sound I expected from a luxury convertible.

The iPod USB adapter and my navigation system. The upgrades they made to the Navi with real time traffic and restaurant guides is really nice.

Tone down the loud exhaust note. Find a way to have a bit more trunk space. Groceries are tough to fit in there, but in all fairness, this is not a car one buys to go shopping in. Its a car for FUN!

Pricey but better
By Bill

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded up from previous 04 Saab. Car is best on open road and takes turns like on rails. car not best for city commuting, does not like to go slow and has slow idle speed. Top down car stays toasty with great heat. Pretty soon see how cool it stays with AC on and top down. Did not get sport package and have no harsh ride, think it is the sport tires rather than run-flats that does gives stiff ride.

Styling, quiet ride, handling, comfort, sound system.

More interior room for stuff. Bigger glove compartment, could not even fit owners manual in it!

2008 BMW 328i
By Cindy

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my birthday present to myself, I traded in my Z3 that I had planned to keep forever and nearly did. But for my age 2 cars 1 for fun and 1 for practical use doesn't work any longer. This hardtop convertible is the ultimate car for a split personallity girl like me. Practical with room for the groceries or friend, but a joy when the weather comes up right and you want to run to the hills with the wind in your hair.

Retractible hard top roof.

• SUV