2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Outstanding Convertible
By jdcowboy on 12/11/07 21:45 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car. iDrive better than wife's Lexus nav system. I knew it was a small trunk when I bought it and don't care. Hard top is great. Have a coupe when the weather is bad, convertible all other times. Windblocker a worthwhile accessory. Keeps the interior warm at 55 degrees and comfortable for talking at extra freeway speeds. Small car, but don't buy it to put football players in back seat. Buy it for the fun, comfort, great engine and versatility.

The Complete Package
By lakeman on 12/02/07 05:18 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This awesome car is the complete package. It handles as well as my Porsche Boxster and has much more power. Yet it seats four, with comfort and with the top up is as quiet as a coupe. Luggage is limited with the top down, but more than enough with the top up. The ride is excellent and I have had no complaints on the run flats. The sport seats are infinitely adjustable and comfortable for long trips. We did not get iDrive and I am glad from what I have seen. The iPod option is great and much better deal than getting the cd changer. Get about 20 mpg around town and high 20's on the road. A little over 1500 miles and no problems. This car does everything well.

Incredible Convertible
By jdcowboy on 12/01/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

08 335i convertible, auto, nav, sirius, premium, back up sensors. Best option on the convertible is the wind blocker. Have had the top down at 105 mph and not had papers on the front seat move! Keeps the interior warm with the heat on at 50 degrees. Top is cool, seat heaters are actually too powerful. IDrive works fine, in some cases better than wife's Lexus system. Power is incredible. 20 mph in mixed driving with a heavy foot. I've had it about a month and put 1700 miles on it. Definitely will buy extended warranty and extended service contract. Traded 02 Lexus for this and am happy. Not as smooth as the Lexus, but I wanted a more sporty ride and more power. Got both and more.

Incredible Handling--Run Flats Stink
By socalh2oskier on 11/27/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has fantastic handling. It is well-balanced, and the steering reacts almost immediately. The interior is well-designed, although iDrive is still a pain. I have the convertible, and, if I had to do it over again, I would not buy this car. The miniscule trunk with the top down makes it impossible to run even minor errands. I cannot even remove my tennis racket without going through the machinations of putting the top up. Even more frustrating is the harsh ride inflicted by the run-flat tires. I changed mine to regular go-flat tires one week after purchase, and the ride improved immeasurably. Overall, a nice car, but the trunk space and run-flats ruin the experience.

Very nice car, but run-flats are YUCK
By socalh2oskier on 11/05/07 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car handles like a dream. The interior is nice, and the turbo spools up so fast you don't even notice it. It is very easy to drive this car extremely fast. However, I have a few major gripes. First, why only run-flats BMW. They are terrible. They give a rough ride, are noisy, and wear poorly. I will never by a BMW again - or any other car for that matter - with run-flats! Next issue, there is absolutely zero trunk space. Forget about even a carry-on, it will not fit. This is unacceptable. Final issue, the iDrive is still confusing. All in all, a great driving car, but upon reflection, I would probably not buy again because of the run-flats and the trunk issue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.