Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Phenomenal Ride
By Matt V

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I don't know that I'll ever go back. The car is firm, responsive, and powerful despite it being the low-man on the totem pole compared to the 335i and M3. Plenty of room (I'm 6'4") and an achievable purchase at slightly less than $30k.

I love the power, limited slip, sound system, lack of maintenance (and cost), heated seats are a must, bluetooth, and Assist.

Bluetooth is a must-have especially for the manual, not many cubbies but plenty of trunk room, stock run-flats lack good all-weather traction, cup holders stink.

Better with every mile
By ShewbieDo

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and my only regret is that I waited this long to buy it. I think of it as a jewelbox: small and compact, but very well constructed. It's the perfect personal luxury car for those who like to drive. There's nothing flashy about it, other than the badge, yet it still gets looks. Although some of the controls appear counterintuitive at first, most of the driving-related controls are well thought out, and make sense after you understand the reason behind their design. I'm very pleased with the quietness and comfort for the front seats, although if you are a large/tall person, you might need to look at a 5- series. The back seats are for kids and people you don't like. Buy one!

Auto-dimming mirrors that really work. Styling. Puddle lamps under door handles. One-touch power windows on all 4 doors. Rain-sensing wipers. I never realized how loud my other car is until I got used to this one. Perfect package!

Auto HVAC workings are a mystery. The non-driving related controls (radio, ac, etc) feel a bit cheap for this class. A real cup-holder would be nice: think Honda. In sum, nothing that would prevent me from buying it again.

Way Over Rated
By Nel Gately

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hard ride and lots of road noise. Also, I'm 6'1" and down right uncomfortable... too small! Also, lacks low end torque, sluggish around town but, wonderful on the highway. Temperamental too, been in for repairs 5 times first year. Run flat tires do not come with spare, can not be patched or, plugged and can only buy them from the dealer for $300 each, every time you run over a nail!!

Multi, "Auto / Manual" transmission is awesome! Handles well at high speeds.

Go back to regular tires.

Excellent 328i BMW 2008 4dr Sedan
By Luis Picornell

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent handling, acceleration, and fuel economy. The iDrive control system takes a few days to master, but eventually becomes second nature and results in a very relaxing drive. Interior is properly designed. Quality shows inside and out. Well designed and tested interior materials. Standard sound system is great. Navigation system option should be selected if possible because of the iDrive system being included. One knob beside the right armrest is all you use to navigate through the options/music/nav/communication/climate, etc. Exterior looks beautiful. Folding mirrors are nice and the tires fit the wheel wells perfectly. I love this car!

1. Navigation system with iDrive controls. 2. Run-flat tires 3. Folding mirrors 4. Interior design and materials 5. Fuel economy 6. Most favorite - driving performance!

I would like a rear view camera during backup and show this through the navigation window. It would be great for the navigation dvd player to play DVDs, but this could be unsafe for driving.

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

Bluetooth

Cupholders! It does not matter if it fits a 0.2l cup in Europe. I am in the drive-thru lane and need a spot to put my 16oz "SMALL" soda.