2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Meets Expectations
By Mark G on 07/06/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Expecting a let down from my 2005 325i w/ Sport pkg, this car is a pleasant surprise. Overall more solid, quieter, more lively, and 1-2 mpg better (22-24 overall, 33 max hwy), this car meets my high expectations. Equipped w/ auto & paddles, Sport, Premium, Cold, & Sirius. Interior is very comfortable and sporty with brushed alum trim and brown leather. Elec turn signal lever/high beams make other cars seem old fashioned after you adjust. Dislike is long reach to driver door window/mirror switches. Exterior and interior lighting effective and exude understated quality. Use 16" snows in winter with no problem. Harsher summer run flats disappoint; handling and driveline are wonderful.

BMW it is!!
By AutoEngineer on 06/13/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was considering the following cars Accord V6, Lexus IS 250, Audi A4 2.0T Quattro and the BMW 328i. I'm an engineer by profession and have studied these cars extensively. My suggestion to anyone that is looking for a performance oriented car looking to purchase one, don't go by the bhp, rather look for torque and the rpm it is generated at. No regrets buying the BMW, its immaculate. No wonder it is the benchmark of its segment. Rear wheel drive gives a great sporty feel, avoid the all wheel drive. If you want AWD, buy the Audi. The quattro is far better than the xi models of BMW. BMW's got amazing gear ratios, an engine that responds at cruising rpm to accelerations and it sure turns heads!

Great choice-- love this car
By Rees on 06/06/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently got a 328i. Test drove A4, TSX, TL, IS250, and G35. Finally decided to test out the 3-series for comparison. I was sold as soon as I took the wheel and stepped on the gas. This car rocks. Looks good, fun to drive, great acceleration.

True to the motto of the ultimate driving
By Motorhead on 05/27/08 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I presented myself this car for my 25th birthday, which I thought was an amazing experience; till I pushed this car around. BMW has the reputation of using not too expensive parts, but making them work to the fullest performance and I experience this every time I push the start engine button. I drove about 5200 miles in this car and no problems at all. This car has the awesome sound of a line 6, which cannot be duplicated! The throttle response is amazing and so is the comfort! I never drove around in the snow because I store it, but I drove it around on dry winter days and the heat insulation is terrific! The seat fits perfect and the visibility is awesome too. My thoughts: worth it!!

Good Buy?
By J.Schumacher on 05/19/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle almost one year now and I really do like it. My biggest concern revolves around, when does technology outpace the needs of the average driver. Building a car that requires the buyer to only frequent BMW for service is smart on their part but when does that backfire ? That being said, the car has been problem free and is still the best handling car I've ever owned. To do it all over again... maybe Audi A4 next time. After an exhaustive search for a new vehicle it was neck and neck with the BMW.

Great Value In A Sport Sedan
By BMW Convert on 05/12/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought I would describe a BMW as a great value but boy was I wrong. After shopping Audi, Infiniti, Acura and Lexus I found the 328i to offer a great driving experience for the money. While the competion often out horsepowered the 3 liter 230 hp BMW powerplant, none offered even comparable handling or ride. To allow owning 2 cars (my second is a Boxster S) I kept the options on my BMW everyday driver at a minimum (leather/power seats). The standard features offered provided plenty of luxury for a sports sedan with the interior offering beauty through simplicity. Most importantly, I really enjoy driving this car! Do yourself a favor, before buying another sports sedan drive a BMW.

More perfromance, less luxury
By Chris on 05/05/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Bought premium, sport, and nav packages. Didn't really want iPod kit or xenon headlights but love that I got them. Wanted iDrive more for computer control of functions than for GPS but like the GPS capability, especially searching for nearby businesses. More sport than others I considered, such as Merc-300 sport, Audi A4 & A6. You will feel the road, corners and bumps so if you drive bad roads take that into consideration. Corners great and acceleration is plenty for most. Standard sound system is great for my non-audiofile ears.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Jason Morrow on 05/05/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car! A little pricey for size and power but it handles like no other car. Comfort access is a must have and so, too, is split fold down seats. Only problem with car is warning triangle came on twice which the dealer fixed. Test drove IS 350 and though the Lexus has more power, it was way too small and confining. BMW gets a nudge on handling as well. If you got for just basic car w\sports package, you are getting a hell of a car for about the same as a Chrysler or high end Ford. No comparison.

German Bank Vault
By My first BMW on 04/07/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was going to buy a G35 but thanks to limited headroom and no help from Infiniti to improve headroom, I picked the 328i. What a machine... ordered from the factory with Prem, Sport, Xenon, Comfort Access about a month ago and I've been smiling ever since. Razor like handling, & ample power. The traction control works VERY well on wet or slushy WA roads -- no regrets for passing up the xi.

328i 6MT, Sports, Premium, Xenons
By SofaOnASock on 03/27/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving the Lexus IS 350, Mercedes C300, Infiniti G35S, BMW 328i and BMW 335i. I finally ordered a BMW 328i w/ 6MT, Sports, Premium, and Xenons... a pretty basic car in my mind as BMW tends to nickel and dime you for basics in a luxury sedan, i.e. leather seats, power seats, xenon headlamps. Although BMW is relatively the most expensive, the handling is definitely the best for an entry-level luxury sedan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$164 per month*