Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2008 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Picking right options is key
By JThom

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought used 328i, auto, prem package. I drove a 335i w prem and almost bought a 328i w sport package, manual trans (drove it for several days). My thoughts: forget the sport package unless you have lots of open road for high speed cornering etc. The standard suspension is very good & sporty enough for most of us - and the ride is noticeably better. 335i is overkill (and unreliable it seems) - the 328 is actually very fast. Also, 6-sp manual is a bit clunky and auto is very good (esp when shifted manually). Finally I do not have run- flats; got the M Mobility pump and sealer instead. Thought I had to have sport and manual, but am much happier with standard suspension and auto.

Favorite Features

Smooth, powerful engine; very good (and sporty) handling, good ride; quality interior w lots of features, solid build; good gas mileage; car is right size (though has gotten a bit wider) - most other premium sport sedans seem to keep getting bigger, and bigger. Overall a most excellent automobile.

Suggested Improvements

Should have in-dash CD changer and a place for small spare tire; needs a sport setting for transmission. Wheels are uninspired at best, ugly at worst and exterior styling could be better.

Excellent 328i BMW 2008 4dr Sedan
By Luis Picornell

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent handling, acceleration, and fuel economy. The iDrive control system takes a few days to master, but eventually becomes second nature and results in a very relaxing drive. Interior is properly designed. Quality shows inside and out. Well designed and tested interior materials. Standard sound system is great. Navigation system option should be selected if possible because of the iDrive system being included. One knob beside the right armrest is all you use to navigate through the options/music/nav/communication/climate, etc. Exterior looks beautiful. Folding mirrors are nice and the tires fit the wheel wells perfectly. I love this car!

Favorite Features

1. Navigation system with iDrive controls. 2. Run-flat tires 3. Folding mirrors 4. Interior design and materials 5. Fuel economy 6. Most favorite - driving performance!

Suggested Improvements

I would like a rear view camera during backup and show this through the navigation window. It would be great for the navigation dvd player to play DVDs, but this could be unsafe for driving.

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders! It does not matter if it fits a 0.2l cup in Europe. I am in the drive-thru lane and need a spot to put my 16oz "SMALL" soda.

Way Over Rated
By Nel Gately

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hard ride and lots of road noise. Also, I'm 6'1" and down right uncomfortable... too small! Also, lacks low end torque, sluggish around town but, wonderful on the highway. Temperamental too, been in for repairs 5 times first year. Run flat tires do not come with spare, can not be patched or, plugged and can only buy them from the dealer for $300 each, every time you run over a nail!!

Favorite Features

Multi, "Auto / Manual" transmission is awesome! Handles well at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to regular tires.

Officially a BMW loyalist
By BTTampa

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never understood the BMW fans out there until I got mine. I used to trade in my car every couple years, I've had this one for 3 years and still get excited to go out and drive it. It just rides and drives different than any car I have had before. You really feel like you "know" this car, and it "knows" you. The handling is incredible, fuel economy is very good on the highway, and it still gets stares from others. As with many German cars, its had a few electrical glitches, but the warranty covers everything and its been a couple minor inconveniences more than anything else. And to include all routine service for free for 4 years?? You more than get your money's worth with this car!

Favorite Features

The handling, acceleration, exterior style, the halo lights around the headlights, sound system (stock is perfect))

Suggested Improvements

get those cup holders off the dash and back down in the center console. Make the ipod interface a little easier to navigate. Why isn't leather standard in a $35k+ car?