2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
'08 BMW 335i Convertible
By George on 06/15/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First BMW and we wish we had purchased one sooner. This is a great car with no glaring weaknesses. I'm confused about the reviews on the trunk space. We can put a medium size (larger than carry on) suitcase and my wife's makeup case and other odds and ends under the "top down" space divider with no problem. More than enough space for a long weekend for 2. If we went with soft sided luggage, it would be even better. We have Nav, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport and Comfort access packages. In today's world, Sirius, iPod and windblocker should come standard. This is our only complaint with BMW being so cheesy in this price range.

4th Bmw 2nd Convertible
By tnbldr on 05/31/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning 4 previous BMWs including my most recent, a fully loaded 06 530i, I was a bit hesitant in going back to a 3 series. Not any longer! They have substantially upgraded the 3s and with the premium, sport and navi system which I opted for, I do not even remotely miss my 5. This car has so much power and is extremely fun to drive! I love it! The retractable hardtop is a show stopper everywhere I go. Even with the top up, the car is amazing. Very quiet while driving, even at interstate speed! My only complaint is the exhaust note. It sort of sounds like one of the cars from "The Fast and Furious." Not exactly the sound I expected from a luxury convertible.

Pricey but better
By Bill on 05/05/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded up from previous 04 Saab. Car is best on open road and takes turns like on rails. car not best for city commuting, does not like to go slow and has slow idle speed. Top down car stays toasty with great heat. Pretty soon see how cool it stays with AC on and top down. Did not get sport package and have no harsh ride, think it is the sport tires rather than run-flats that does gives stiff ride.

2008 BMW 328i
By Cindy on 04/05/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my birthday present to myself, I traded in my Z3 that I had planned to keep forever and nearly did. But for my age 2 cars 1 for fun and 1 for practical use doesn't work any longer. This hardtop convertible is the ultimate car for a split personallity girl like me. Practical with room for the groceries or friend, but a joy when the weather comes up right and you want to run to the hills with the wind in your hair.

What an Amazing Car!!!
By Jordanw on 03/25/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our family's first BMW, and what a terrific car it is. Ours is Blk/Blk, with the manual and sport package. After driving it I can say that this convertible is one of the best handling cars I have ever driven. Taking a winding road immediately puts a smile on your face as you take the corners and row through the gears. The top operation is amazing and when it is up not only does it not look like a convertible, but it also has a very quiet interior that is free of rattles and wind noise associated with convertible tops. The interior is very decadent with very rich leather over all surfaces. This is a true 4 season car that is absolutely gorgeous top up or down. Great purchase!

Wow!
By wcmcdade on 03/24/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up vehicle on Saturday, 3/22 - Comf & Sport. Took the long way home. Acceleration with Steptronic AT was fast & smooth. Love the sound of the throaty engine just before the upshift. You know that you're in a sportscar. The paddle shifters are cool, but I don't suspect I'll use them much on my commute. 328i corned like it was on rails. I took a couple of twisty bends on a backroad at about 60 mph with no sense of skid, roll or fishtail. I had to be careful not to push too hard as the wheels lifted off the ground coming over one little roller. With top down and windows up (38F outside), there was little buffeting of either occupant's hair. Kept warm with heat on auto at 84F.

Fun Car
By FTB on 03/12/08 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My car has everything except the sports package and HD radio. Everything works very well, even the iDrive that people seem to hate. It could be a bit more intuitive, but it is not useless. Real time traffic information isn't very helpful. Navigation works pretty good, but at some intersections, information didn't come soon enough. RFTs make the steering heavier. When I got a nail in one of them, it took several days to get a replacement. Power top mechanism works very well. With the top up, you get a decent cargo space, I think. With the top down, you still have a space enough for a couple of airplane carry on size bags. No mechanical problem so far at 2000 miles.

Great Vehicle
By Shaybah on 01/05/08 22:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from a 2003 Z4 to the 2008 328 Cabriolet. No regrets whatsoever. Wanted a bit more room than the Z4; and the hardtop convertible for more security, less maintenance, and better sound and cold insulation. For about $6k difference in price, couldn't see the justification for the 335; the 328 has plenty of power.

BMW 335i Convertible
By K on 12/28/07 11:54 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned three American made cars and five different kinds of Lexus. This BMW is, by far, more fun to drive than ANY of them - even those priced much higher. It even allows adults under six feet to sit in the back seat comfortably. With the top down, there is no better car to really enjoy driving.

BMW 335 Conv is second to none
By Joe on 12/24/07 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Early christmas present!! Dealer and car came through and it's a blast driving around this piece of art. The engine, the automatic; everything works 100%. Amazed by BMW's ability to make a high performance car packed into this sculpture of a car. Am a manual kind of guy but having tried the pedal shifting automatic had to go with it. Lightning fast!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.