2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Phenomenal Ride
By Matt V on 05/13/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I don't know that I'll ever go back. The car is firm, responsive, and powerful despite it being the low-man on the totem pole compared to the 335i and M3. Plenty of room (I'm 6'4") and an achievable purchase at slightly less than $30k.

Better with every mile
By ShewbieDo on 12/17/08 05:27 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and my only regret is that I waited this long to buy it. I think of it as a jewelbox: small and compact, but very well constructed. It's the perfect personal luxury car for those who like to drive. There's nothing flashy about it, other than the badge, yet it still gets looks. Although some of the controls appear counterintuitive at first, most of the driving-related controls are well thought out, and make sense after you understand the reason behind their design. I'm very pleased with the quietness and comfort for the front seats, although if you are a large/tall person, you might need to look at a 5- series. The back seats are for kids and people you don't like. Buy one!

Way Over Rated
By Nel Gately on 11/03/08 04:12 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hard ride and lots of road noise. Also, I'm 6'1" and down right uncomfortable... too small! Also, lacks low end torque, sluggish around town but, wonderful on the highway. Temperamental too, been in for repairs 5 times first year. Run flat tires do not come with spare, can not be patched or, plugged and can only buy them from the dealer for $300 each, every time you run over a nail!!

Excellent 328i BMW 2008 4dr Sedan
By Luis Picornell on 09/14/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent handling, acceleration, and fuel economy. The iDrive control system takes a few days to master, but eventually becomes second nature and results in a very relaxing drive. Interior is properly designed. Quality shows inside and out. Well designed and tested interior materials. Standard sound system is great. Navigation system option should be selected if possible because of the iDrive system being included. One knob beside the right armrest is all you use to navigate through the options/music/nav/communication/climate, etc. Exterior looks beautiful. Folding mirrors are nice and the tires fit the wheel wells perfectly. I love this car!

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA on 09/09/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

2008 328i Auto/Metallic/IPOD
By lipsmasher on 09/01/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling is awesome. Power is incredible. I tried the DS mode and the steptronic and car left in a hurry. Fuel economy so far is about 24 MPG 75%/25% highway/city. Seems to do badly in stop and go traffic. Test drove a C300, IS250, and C230. BMW was far superior in all categories.

This Car Rocks
By Rob Miller on 08/11/08 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2003 325i for a 2008 328i. This is no "luxury-boat," but it is a head-turner. I bought this car because my 325i was almost perfect for 5 1/2 years. BMWs have strong bloodlines, and if you see a six year old BMW on the street, you know what it is. I got the Sports package, 6 speed manual, leatherette, and little else because the car comes so well equipped. I like the wood grain dash, although it looks a little shiny and plastic. This car seems a little bigger and more.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By BMWFamily on 08/04/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently picked up my 328i Sedan with Sport and Cold Weather Packages and as with the other BMWs in my family am supremely impressed. BMW still is able to capture that essential quality that makes a car the Ultimate Driving Machine. From the good gas mileage to the silky smooth 6-spd manual, the 328i with sport package captures BMW's excellent handling characteristics at a relatively affordable price. All in all I am hugely impressed with the 328i and would in fact take the weight savings and naturally aspirated engine over the turbo motor (having only owned naturally aspirated BMWs in the past and having a very bad experience with a 1986 745i Turbo).

Wonderful car
By Paul A. on 07/25/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Everything is just right...Amazing that people are whining about the small cups holders...if you are getting a bimmer,just drive...Leave your coffee and soda for later...The handling is awesome,including the RFT. They are there for handling, performance and SAFETY. More and more companies are going to RFT because the safety. The car is a joy to drive with up to 32 miles/gal on highway...Not too bad from a 230hp engine...I love it

Great sports sedan for enthusiasts
By Deems on 07/14/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a well balanced sports sedan. The engine, transmission, suspension, steering, seats and controls all work together to provide a great driving experience for an enthusiastic driver. I always feel like I'm in touch with what's happening and in total control of my car. But this car isn't for everyone. The ride is too stiff for most people, especially on rough roads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.