Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Officially a BMW loyalist
By BTTampa

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never understood the BMW fans out there until I got mine. I used to trade in my car every couple years, I've had this one for 3 years and still get excited to go out and drive it. It just rides and drives different than any car I have had before. You really feel like you "know" this car, and it "knows" you. The handling is incredible, fuel economy is very good on the highway, and it still gets stares from others. As with many German cars, its had a few electrical glitches, but the warranty covers everything and its been a couple minor inconveniences more than anything else. And to include all routine service for free for 4 years?? You more than get your money's worth with this car!

The handling, acceleration, exterior style, the halo lights around the headlights, sound system (stock is perfect))

get those cup holders off the dash and back down in the center console. Make the ipod interface a little easier to navigate. Why isn't leather standard in a $35k+ car?

Picking right options is key
By JThom

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought used 328i, auto, prem package. I drove a 335i w prem and almost bought a 328i w sport package, manual trans (drove it for several days). My thoughts: forget the sport package unless you have lots of open road for high speed cornering etc. The standard suspension is very good & sporty enough for most of us - and the ride is noticeably better. 335i is overkill (and unreliable it seems) - the 328 is actually very fast. Also, 6-sp manual is a bit clunky and auto is very good (esp when shifted manually). Finally I do not have run- flats; got the M Mobility pump and sealer instead. Thought I had to have sport and manual, but am much happier with standard suspension and auto.

Smooth, powerful engine; very good (and sporty) handling, good ride; quality interior w lots of features, solid build; good gas mileage; car is right size (though has gotten a bit wider) - most other premium sport sedans seem to keep getting bigger, and bigger. Overall a most excellent automobile.

Should have in-dash CD changer and a place for small spare tire; needs a sport setting for transmission. Wheels are uninspired at best, ugly at worst and exterior styling could be better.

Not Impressed
By BMWOwner

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had four Audi A4 sedans for the last six years. I purchased a BMW, hoping for the same or better performance. I'm not impressed. The transmission is sluggish, jerking around corners when accelerating (tech says it's normal), run-flat tires and NO SPARE and the tires are not good, the value for the money isn't there and not sure what the buzz about BMW is. I can't wait to trade this one for another Audi!

Style, iPod adapter, quiet cabin.

More value for the money, go back to spare tires, fix transmission!

Runflat tires
By Rob Nesbitt

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As you can see above, I like the car. That said, I feel the dealers take advantage of the customer. This is a lease, and I need their approved service. They charged by $309 for a wheel alignment which could have been sold with poor alignment. Who's to know. Also, I was charged $483.00 for a tire replacement (simple nail). This is outrageous. According to the dealer, run-flats cannot be repaired. Again, I was stuck with the dealer recommendation. Run-flats are a poor excuse for "saving" the weight of a spare and "peace of mind" to be able to go 50 miles at 50mph (try that on an L.A. freeway). One must use secondary roads if one does not want to get rear- ended.

Handling, speed and mileage (30 on the highway).

Dump the run-flats. $2,500.00 for a set of new tires is outrageous. $309 for an alignment is outrageous. All service outside of "free" service is "outrageous".

A Great Car (328i)
By Prof T

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For the money this is one great car. Excellent performance for a 4dr sedan that gets around 23MPG. Smooth ride and lots of quality inside. Would buy this car again.

The total package just works. Real Synergy.

cup holders (that's it)