Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Awesome car, but no longer entry level
By francisb

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 3-series (2002 325i, 2006 325i, now my 2008 328i Coupe) and I can say that I have been a loyal, dedicated customer of BMW. The cars are so wonderful once you buy one you can't buy or drive any other make. It feels like a part of you physically as you drive the car, from the structure to the brakes to the steering and engine the feeling is so terrific and reassuring other makes feel like appliances in comparison or clouds to drive (i.e. Lexus). BMW sure has created a car worthy of master craftsmanship that will have longevity in the marketplace for years to come if they keep up the wonderful effort in producing such a wonderful product!

So many to name, from the seats (sport pkg) to the engine (smooth and musical) to the steering to the styling of the coupe that turns heads even in LA when my car is a dime a dozen. Its truly a wonderful, complete design that truly speaks of BMW's heritage.

Cupholders? Are those cupholders or are they just pieces of art? Useless. A 3-series costs so much these days, it shouldn't be considered entry level anymore which is sad...the 1-series is now the entry model. Please lower the price or add more standard features. Paint quality could be better.

The last BMW for me
By imgnohc

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The first 4 months of driving the car is everything I expected. It felt great. Then the mechanical problems began. This is my second and my last BMW. I had similar terrible problems with my first BMW but I loved the body style of this latest 3 series and couldn't resist. But, I've learned my lesson. Problems I've encountered in the last 3 months include overheating engine, electrical problems with my windows and door locks, a/c not functioning at low speed, scratches caused by service center, etc.

Beautiful styling, power, handling.

Never ending engine and electrical problems.

Overall a Very Good Vehicle!
By Paul

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A very well built car. Although the 328 does not have the engine performance of the 335i or the Infiniti G37 it is still more than adequate for very fast bursts of speed. The car is comfortable and the handling is crisp, tight and predictable. You can feel that a great deal of thought has gone into the design. I believe that the 3-series is still the benchmark and very much the dominant player in its market. The iDrive system takes an hour or so to get used too and is not that complicated in my opinion. Overall I am more than satisfied and have no regrets.

The look and style of the coupe. The pro-logic surround system. The smooth shifting auto and the sports car feel. Great navigation system.

Bluetooth is not so clear, but it is not in my Mercedes Benz either. Overall, there is very little else that needs improvement for a car at this price.

Performance with a touch of luxury
By Jabo

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, has the performance to wow anyone that rides in the passenger seat and the luxury that BMW is known.

Pro Logic sound sound system, the best system on the market.

Tow hook cover has fallen off twice

Too Bad the Seats Are Vinyl
By Alex in MD

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

An otherwise fine car is marred by the standard vinyl "leatherette" seats that have no place on a luxury sports car. While "leatherette" may look fine, no matter what you call it, vinyl is hot, sticky and uncomfortable. Why don't they just offer and market honest cloth seats on the base model. BMW was remarkably uncooperative in addressing the complaint. While the seats could have easily been recovered in leather, BMW wanted a whopping $6,000 for the leather covers (when the leather package costs only $1,350 to order). The car is nimble and great fun to drive, but the standard seats and total lack of customer support are troubling.

Sport package is fantastic. Tight, nimble handling, but not at all a harsh ride. 6 speed manual is also crisp and fun to drive.

GET RID OF THE LEATHERETTE STANDARD TRIM. "Leatherette" is just pain old nasty vinyl like I member from my mom's Pinto in the '70s. Awful in the summer. PLEASE give us a standard cloth seat option, or just make the leather standard.