Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Love, Love, Love
By Cookie

2008 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this wagon. Have driven Jeeps, Expeditions, and Honda CRVs. After driving SUVs for twenty years, I wanted something different but utilitarian. It's great... lots of room with fold-down seats. It handles so well, I hate to drive my husband's Mercedes E class as it's got so much more play and bigger turning radius. It feels so loose compared to responsiveness of my wagon. Got the AWD wagon for peace of mind. I was a Mercedes lover before this. Not anymore!

Favorite Features

Love the navigation system, integrated iPod, comfort access which makes opening and closing so easy. Love the optional halogen turning headlights, and the panoramic roof. I have almost 4600 miles in three months and have had NO problems at all.

Suggested Improvements

I do have problems with the cupholders. Reaching for them is a safety issue unless you have really long arms. Bigger knob on audio controls would be nice. Need audible warning when lights are left on.

Reliable, revved up and red
By happybeemer

2008 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have about 7800 miles on my 328xi red wagon. I love it! It's the most reliable car I've had, has great space for the size and navigation system and Sirius radio rock! Navigation disses are silly. It's as easy to learn as an iPod which I love, and probably should be standard. Cupholders seem weird at first, but are okay. Comfort access is a great safety feature, and so is all-wheel drive. Gas mileage better than sticker. Drives like a BMW. Enough said. It's my first, but I've had Mercedes and such. Never anything but BMW from here on out. Get one. You will fall in love. I promise.

Favorite Features

Handling, navigation system, iPod direct, comfort access, Sirius radio, memory seats, cargo space in wagon, panoramic moon roof, feeling secure in AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Re-configure cupholders, especially one in center. Big deal. I love this car as is.

Electronics?
By jesp

2008 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got this car in late 2008 Certified Pre-Owned. It's fully loaded and has been fun most of the time. Just today, though, I was driving approx 45 to 50 mph, hit a bump, and my car turned off. It came to a very swift stop on a very busy hwy (in a construction zone, so there was no median). Car wouldn't restart at all. Roadside assistance sent me a tow truck that couldn't get my car out of park. They left. All in all, 2.25 hours stuck in the middle of the road with a friendly police officer and ended up driving a Honda home from Enterprise. My car was just in the shop for 5 days because of faulty lifters. Two major problems and the car only has 22K miles. Thank God I wasn't injured today.

Favorite Features

ipod adapter. seat warmers.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics and iDrive (which I think has already been changed).