Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BW328i Great Car But Repairs are Expensive!
By billsfan8

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a 2008 BW328i for a year and a half now. It's fun to drive with precise handling, quick braking, and very good acceleration. The interior is nice with leather seats but some trim parts aren't great. The retractable cupholders are prone to breaking and expensive to replace. Brake dust is excessive too with the stock brakepads making the wheels always dusty. I enjoy the car very much as it is well designed with high quality components for the most part. I would warn any Raleigh, North Carolina prospective BMW buyers to avoid Leith BMW due to dishonest sales and service practices.

Favorite Features

Handling, Quality, Acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Premium Fuel, Cupholders, Brake Dust, Poor Local Dealership Support

Best Car I've Owned
By sociopath

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 325i before I bought my 2008 328i sedan new four years ago. The OEM Bridgestone run-flats were even more awful than many folks are willing to say. After my run-flats wore out at only 16K, I replaced them with a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. After 10K, these tires are wearing very well and give me a soft, quiet, and great-handling ride. The car has been incredibly reliable--simply outstanding since the beginning--and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. It has a sporty yet secure, comfottable ride and I get about 18 mpg in the city and almost 30 on the highway.

Favorite Features

I like everything about this car. It's big enough, but not too big. It isn't a pocket rocket, but has more than enough power. I didn't get lots of extras: the sport package and the moon roof are enough for me. At first, I thought the leatherette might be a downside, but it has turned out to be fine. I think I like it more than leather. It came with wood trim, which looks phony, but I'm told it's the real deal.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing is perfect, and I suppose I could nit-pick, and that's what it would be. At first, I hated the cup holders, but they work well and I like the fact that they can be concealed when not in use. The only real problem was those terrible OEM run-flats.

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By billr6

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own my black 328i for over 6 months now. Bought used with 32K miles. Incredible car, step on the gas and you are in heaven. Power is unreal, I only felt this way once in Infinity G35. I can't help myself when driving this car, often I push it over 100 Mph on hwy that has a speed limit of 60 or 70 Mph. At 100 Mph you hardly feel any shaking or noise. Car is grounded and planted like it has roots to the highway. Passing is a breeze and exhilarating!!! And when you hear that engine growl - like a surge of nuclear energy is passing to the wheels. Steering and handling is top notch!! 100% German engineering. Love it!!! No sports luxury car matches this car. I tested them all. BMW rules!!

Favorite Features

Speed, power, engine growl, looks fabulous!!! Interior is very tidy and smartly designed. Seats are very comfy to me! BMW changes oil, brakes, wipers etc for first 4 years!! I would buy this car again in a heart beat!!

Suggested Improvements

Simplify electronics!! Too complex for me. I like simple controls, but all BMW controls are computer driven. Run flat tires are not the most comfy tires. I would prefer regular tires, but there is no spare. Run flats do handle well. They cost about 30% more than decent regular tires. Add electronic power seats to base versions.

Expensive but reliable
By del21

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

Favorite Features

Performance Reliablity Luxury Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Take the run flat tires off and put regular tires on all vehicles. These tires are to expensive.

The best car I have ever owned
By dave346

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. The handling is better than any car I have ever driven. Great gas mileage. Very reliable. Powerful smooth engine. Fun and safe car. I understand why this is the benchmark.

Favorite Features

Handling, smooth power, gas mileage, the tight steering wheel feel.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.