Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Dream Car
By tinbmore

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my 335xi for almost 2 years. (6 speed manual, platinum bronze metallic, cw package, adaptivelights) It has 44K miles and my total maintenance cost has been an oil changes, a set of tires and a set of spark plugs (turbo needs them replaced at 45K mi). Agree with other posters, this just a downright FAST car. High speed merge, no problem, pop it down into 3rd and "engage".

Favorite Features

Nav is greatly superior to japanese designs. ipod control is sweet. AWD has never sliped in icy conditions, 8 way seats with lumbar and heat can't be beat. Auto windows down feature is great for people like me who prefer open windows and sunroof to A/C. Saw other poster comlain about trunk space, I carry a golf pull cart, golf bag, storage box, two pairs of golf shoes and more and have no problems. Fold down rear seats are cool too.

Suggested Improvements

Still don't know how to save radio stations. Minimal interior storage areas (I even replaced the ash tray with available sunglass storage tray) Pet peeves:Voice recongnition cue takes too long after it asks you a question, I'm constantly talking to it before it is listening. And here a real nit pick: The doors make really tinny sound when you shut them. My E46 had a more luxurious "thunk" sound.

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision. This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease. There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice. For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful. I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips. This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving. I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Favorite Features

Xenon Adaptive headlights, handling, accelleration, door handle LED lighting, Satellite Radio, adaptive cruise control

Suggested Improvements

For the life of me, i wish the engineers would find a way to incorporate a useful cup holder for the driver! I also wish they wouldn't require the key fob to be placed in the slot in order to start the vehicle (they make you spend an extra $500 just to enjoy that "convenience").

Wanted to Love It
By Automan

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted to love it. Took me a long time to finally settle on this car, should have gone with the G35x. Two fuel pumps replaced. Very expensive tires that seem to attract nails like magnets, and boy do they ride harshly. Dealer costs very high on parts and service. Small and cramped inside (I'm 6'2"). Love the handling and power. Very precise and tossable. Fun, even in the rain w/AWD. In the end, sold it after only a year and a month because I couldn't take it anymore. Lost $9k between repairs and sale of car. Even warned the guy that bought it off me that it was costly to own. Just to be fair, the car had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it and I sold it with 57,000.

Favorite Features

Power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, interior needs to be a little bigger. And get rid of super- expensive run flat tires.

ULTIMO Commuter Sedan
By k9doc1

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had the car for more than an year and have had ZERO mechanical issue. Only problem I had was with a ticking noise from the b-pillar but it mysteriously disappeared after the dealer replaced the seat belt mechanism. The fit and mechanics in today's BMW are so intricate that just a small thing out of balance will cause some annoying thing like a ticking noise. Various dealers tried to deal with this noise but nothing resolved it until the solution listed above, again the noise was there immediately after the repair but now it's not there anymore. Something must have expanded inside the b-pillar or fit into place? Now I can truly/fully enjoy my Ultimate Driving Machine!

Favorite Features

Awesome pick up. AWD-capabilities in wet and snowy conditions. Heated seats. Awesome handling and braking. 4-year hassle-free maintenance program- this is truly awesome!

Suggested Improvements

More user-friendly Nav system - which may already be improved in the new iDrive systems? Better mileage - which is available on the new 335D. No other improvements I can think of.

Great performance...
By jjtoronto

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A very well engineered and well thought out car. The engine is sublime - almost too powerful for most uses, but nice to have that kind of acceleration on the highway. The all wheel drive works well, however i wonder if four snow tires would work just as well without the loss in mileage. Seats are comfortable, but keep in mind that it is a smaller car - and meant to be a sports sedan.

Favorite Features

Engine! Driving feel and dynamics.

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tires are better than my older model 3 series, but they still have too much of a penalty in terms of ride quality over rougher payment. Gas mileage in city is not great (probably AWD) but is very respectable on highway.