2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Dream Car
By tinbmore on 06/29/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my 335xi for almost 2 years. (6 speed manual, platinum bronze metallic, cw package, adaptivelights) It has 44K miles and my total maintenance cost has been an oil changes, a set of tires and a set of spark plugs (turbo needs them replaced at 45K mi). Agree with other posters, this just a downright FAST car. High speed merge, no problem, pop it down into 3rd and "engage".

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222 on 06/13/11 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision. This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease. There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice. For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful. I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips. This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving. I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Wanted to Love It
By Automan on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted to love it. Took me a long time to finally settle on this car, should have gone with the G35x. Two fuel pumps replaced. Very expensive tires that seem to attract nails like magnets, and boy do they ride harshly. Dealer costs very high on parts and service. Small and cramped inside (I'm 6'2"). Love the handling and power. Very precise and tossable. Fun, even in the rain w/AWD. In the end, sold it after only a year and a month because I couldn't take it anymore. Lost $9k between repairs and sale of car. Even warned the guy that bought it off me that it was costly to own. Just to be fair, the car had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it and I sold it with 57,000.

ULTIMO Commuter Sedan
By k9doc1 on 06/04/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had the car for more than an year and have had ZERO mechanical issue. Only problem I had was with a ticking noise from the b-pillar but it mysteriously disappeared after the dealer replaced the seat belt mechanism. The fit and mechanics in today's BMW are so intricate that just a small thing out of balance will cause some annoying thing like a ticking noise. Various dealers tried to deal with this noise but nothing resolved it until the solution listed above, again the noise was there immediately after the repair but now it's not there anymore. Something must have expanded inside the b-pillar or fit into place? Now I can truly/fully enjoy my Ultimate Driving Machine!

Great performance...
By jjtoronto on 05/09/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A very well engineered and well thought out car. The engine is sublime - almost too powerful for most uses, but nice to have that kind of acceleration on the highway. The all wheel drive works well, however i wonder if four snow tires would work just as well without the loss in mileage. Seats are comfortable, but keep in mind that it is a smaller car - and meant to be a sports sedan.

Nice RIde
By TRC on 07/26/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Hands down the best car I've ever driven. Bought this car new almost 2 years ago. Still loving it and I'm averaging 24.2 MPG! (and I drive it hard). Had a few minor electrical issues that have been fixed for free, but I'm a bit nervous about the cost after the warranty expires. Definitely a small car though and not ideal for families if this is your primary ride. Run flats are stupid, but I've had no problems with mine. AWD in the winter is insane!

Great Car
By WLoca on 03/21/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the 335xi after my 1999 Volvo S80 T6 died after 300,000 miles. The engine, transmission, and drivetrain are more connected than any competitive model tested. The steering is precise and it a blast to drive. I still smile when I hear it's subtle exhaust note when I start it in the morning. The AWD system is very good in all conditions but the run flat tires are not designed for snow. They were OK in winter #1 but will invest in snows next fall. My biggest challenge has been reliability. They had to replace the front wheel bearings at 14K miles and I broke down at 17K miles and had to be towed to the dealership to replace the fuel pump and repair an oil pan leak. Not what I expected.

it's ok - not the best.
By rad97 on 10/16/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just turned in an Audi S4 sedan for this 335xi sedan. Have been driving it for 4 months. After hearing about how great BMW is for it's superior "driving experience" I have been somewhat disappointed in this car. The steering and handling are average at best. The car does not corner well - there is significant body roll and the steering is not tight. I am not sure if this is due to the runflat tires or maybe I should have gotten the M3, but then no AWD. The engine is great, probably quicker off the line than my Audi, but not as strong once you're at speed and need to accelerate. The gas mileage is also good. The cup holders are a joke. The stereo/electronics are glitchy. Seats are bad.

Trophy Car
By BobH on 09/24/08 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Gas mileage on long trips (Pgh to DC and back) is 30 mpg (average over 10 trips, 29 one way, 31 the other)! All is well except for nav system and iDrive and their integration, and no spare. Get a Garmin instead of BMW nav system which is a Navtec base. Garmin says "In 500 ft make a rt on route 123 South" - if you use the Australian lady enunciation. Navtec says "make the next right". Garmin shows road names on perspective view, Navtec doesn't. iDrive requires too many actions for usage, and interupts other audio as it drones out it's directions. Also, I plan to replace RFTs with GFTs when they wear out and lug a spare around in the trunk.

Love It
By Kelly on 07/26/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just received my car, have had it in my possession for 48 hours and I cant leave it alone! I read the reviews on this car daily before I bought it and I couldn't be happier. The Germans make a fine machine. It handles like a dream, has amazing pick up, very quick little car and is just everything I hoped for. The leather soft and not sticky, the interior is beautiful. A lot of comments were made regarding the run flats- they are for purpose and safety but I think they make for a smooth ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.