2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Failed tensmission 54,000 miles
By ubla on 11/06/13 16:20 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I trusted BMW to stand for quality. Who needs (7) year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty those are for compromised American brands or new Korean ones without a track record. O boy! I was wrong to learn that BMW does not give a crap about quality and customers. With a car just out of the 50,000 mile warranty failing the transmission is normal thing you are on your own.

BMW has to stand behind their errors!
By badfradzz on 09/13/13 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded my 330i for a 335i. There was no other cost effective way to get that next 50 HP out of the engine (which was fast enough for most folks, but once you get that bug). This car is incredible (Incredible!!) And if you are older than 45, this car is more like a sci-fi transporter out of a comic book. It's so smooth and goes so easily 30mph over the speed limit that you'll think it's a set up by the Klingons to get your money. However, three problems remain in the 2007 and up, 1: subframe/serpentine belt damage 2: wastegate failure in the turbo/turbos 3: high pressure fuel pump failure. To some extent BMW has addressed two of three. So do your homework, the 335 will smile on you.

Dream Car
By tinbmore on 06/29/13 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my 335xi for almost 2 years. (6 speed manual, platinum bronze metallic, cw package, adaptivelights) It has 44K miles and my total maintenance cost has been an oil changes, a set of tires and a set of spark plugs (turbo needs them replaced at 45K mi). Agree with other posters, this just a downright FAST car. High speed merge, no problem, pop it down into 3rd and "engage".

What exactly is German Engineering?
By thr33wayclimax on 12/30/12 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car in November 2010 with 50k miles as a CPO. Water pumps are electric and go out every 50k miles or so, covered under cpo. Injectors on this car are notorious for failing, had 3 fail on my car also covered under cpo. Finally the condensor was leaking also replaced under warranty. I sold the car recently for a good price as it still had one year left on the maintenance and warranty. But the new owner reported serpentine belt failure. This is due to a bad subfram design and driver side engine mount which allows the belt to hit the subframe, over time the belt will shear and WILL FAIL. BMW has a "New" subframe but will not cover costs to fix their mistake. Idiots.

BW328i Great Car But Repairs are Expensive!
By billsfan8 on 12/04/12 13:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a 2008 BW328i for a year and a half now. It's fun to drive with precise handling, quick braking, and very good acceleration. The interior is nice with leather seats but some trim parts aren't great. The retractable cupholders are prone to breaking and expensive to replace. Brake dust is excessive too with the stock brakepads making the wheels always dusty. I enjoy the car very much as it is well designed with high quality components for the most part. I would warn any Raleigh, North Carolina prospective BMW buyers to avoid Leith BMW due to dishonest sales and service practices.

Best Car I've Owned
By sociopath on 05/27/12 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 325i before I bought my 2008 328i sedan new four years ago. The OEM Bridgestone run-flats were even more awful than many folks are willing to say. After my run-flats wore out at only 16K, I replaced them with a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. After 10K, these tires are wearing very well and give me a soft, quiet, and great-handling ride. The car has been incredibly reliable--simply outstanding since the beginning--and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. It has a sporty yet secure, comfottable ride and I get about 18 mpg in the city and almost 30 on the highway.

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By billr6 on 12/01/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own my black 328i for over 6 months now. Bought used with 32K miles. Incredible car, step on the gas and you are in heaven. Power is unreal, I only felt this way once in Infinity G35. I can't help myself when driving this car, often I push it over 100 Mph on hwy that has a speed limit of 60 or 70 Mph. At 100 Mph you hardly feel any shaking or noise. Car is grounded and planted like it has roots to the highway. Passing is a breeze and exhilarating!!! And when you hear that engine growl - like a surge of nuclear energy is passing to the wheels. Steering and handling is top notch!! 100% German engineering. Love it!!! No sports luxury car matches this car. I tested them all. BMW rules!!

Great combination of sportiness and luxury
By mpt2222 on 06/13/11 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded my 02 325i for an 08 335xi and must say, it's been a great decision. This car is so smooth and quick and handles corners with ease. There are several nice touches in technology added from the previous version that are really nice. For example, the exterior LED door handle lights are very cool and useful. I don't use the can chiller often in the console, but it's nice to have it for the long trips. This car represents one of the best balances of luxury and handling I've had the pleasure of driving. I'm just glad I bought this used as the original pricetag is just out of my reach.

Expensive but reliable
By del21 on 05/19/11 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

Run Flats ruin the ride
By jdlewis95 on 04/04/11 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been buying BMW's since 1994, and this is one of the best models that BMW has ever built. BUT BMW ruined it with those horrid run-flat tires. The smallest of bumps make the car shake because the run flats are so hard. I've bent the front rims 4 times in 3 years so bad that the steering wheel shimmied like crazy. When BMW starts building cars with the Sport Package without the run-flat tires, the I will buy BMW again. The fuel pump went out at 30K and BMW replaced it, no problems. The run-flat tires ruin the ride, so I have put BMW "on-hold".

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.