Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Good to drive, but service is tough
By AT

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered my car a few years ago and for the most part have really liked it with a few caveats. Its been driven to Montana in the snow and handled Seattle snow-pocolypse '09 with flying colors. I think it handles better in the snow than my previous subarus. The caveats: The fuel pump has been replaced twice due to factory flaw (warranty repair) and this series of car has consistent issues with the brakes making noise as you take off (not under braking). BMW currently will not fix it. The service experience has me re-thinking the car. I may go to something smaller and slightly more fuel efficient for commuting. It wouldn't be an issue if I bought a truck, but this is a BMW. I expected more.

Interrior lighting, keyless entry, the engine is phenominal, AWD system, heated seats

Service practices and general reliability of the car

Exceeded Expectations
By S. Lash

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been everything I expected and more. There is no other car in this price range that has the combination of handling, performance and overall design appeal. I ordered a 6 speed with white exterior/red interior and aluminum trim; it is stunning in my opinion and draws attention everywhere I go. While the 328 does not have the overall power of the 335, it provides just as much enjoyment as an everyday car. The X- drive handles snow and rain providing a secure feeling on par with Audi's I have owned previously. I look forward to driving every time I get into the car... it is more than transportation, it is a joy to drive.

Bluetooth, Ipod adapter, sport seats are a must have for comfort, push button start/stop.

None I can think of. Don't care about cup holders that everyone else complains about.

It IS the Ultimate Driving Machine
By davids

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the vehicle for a year, although I'm storing it for the winter, and couldn't love it more. The performance and handling are outstanding (unless you try to drive in 1/2" of snow with the Sports Package). If you really want to have fun with it I highly recommend installing the Dinan Performance Engine Software upgrade. For $2k you can increase the power output to 384hp and the torque to 421lb-ft (and Dinan will match BMW's new car warranty). It's no M but honestly it's plenty fast and nimble for quite a bit less cash. It's sporty and fun when you want it to be yet still smooth and refined.

Love the interior design and the use of materials. The Dakota leather smells sooo good you can taste it. Sound system is excellent. The coupe's exterior has a much sleeker look than the sedan and it looks like it's ready to take off even parked in the drive.

The iDrive does not have a intuitive user interface which I understand has been improved for 2009. That's all I could complain about - I love it!

3rd BMW and very happy - 335xi Coupe
By Satisfied Owner

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Previously had 99 and 03 6-cylinder 5- series. Wanted a car that was roughly the same size and with 4-wheel drive. The Coupe fit the bill since I don't need the room for the family at this point in my life. I was hesitant about going to a 3-series from the 5ers but after 4K miles I am extremely happy with the car. Not one issue has brought me back to the dealer. Performance all around rocks. Stereo is great. I can even get 29+ MPG doing 70 MPH. Sport seats are a must. Customization of features and access to features such as the iPod interface are very good through the iDrive interface. And come on - this car is a GREAT looking - people even stare at it at night!

Sport seats, iPod interface, traffic updates on nav, headlights, low-light red interior lighting on the door panels, Logic7 stereo, iDrive - yes iDrive. Sound of the exhaust/engine on acceleration, steering feel, high speed road manners.

Need to open inside door latch twice to open the doors. Make audible alarm standard.

335xi Coupe
By B

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got the car last October. Nothing but issues with it. Shifts hard, constant jerking. Also experiencing issues with the oil sensor. Today my car has been in the shop for 5 days because of a bad fuel pump apparently. Waiting for BMW to send the part! Not happy with it !

Powerful engine, bluetooth, the stereo system is really nice.

cupholders, and the iDrive. Needs a user friendly navi.