2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
We miss this car already
By pbschroeder on 06/20/11 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe. We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors. We bought a 2011 X3 28i. This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it. Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot. 0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling. According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

Fuel Injection Problems
By steve on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was in the shop every 3 months for the 3 years that I leased the car. They cannot reliably repair the fuel injection defect. Top speed of 25 mph when the fuel injection system goes down. Very dangerous car on the highway with this chronic issue. BMW not compassionate with problems. They will repair but no responsibility. They should publicly warn about their defect in this car. They should offer incentives to turn in the car. I turned the car in 2 months early for the safety issues and they expected me to pay a fine. Will never buy BMW again.

BMW 335
By Jasmin on 06/26/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car in Dec 2008 with 12,000 miles, CPO . Four times within 17 months, it was sent to the dealer for engine lights turned on. Not very reliable. Fuel pump was replaced three times within 17 months.

Broken at 2k on the side of the road
By ruf on 12/07/09 01:21 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to say I paid 52k to be broken down on the side of the road at 2k miles. I am on my 2nd fuel pump as of last week, tonight 12/7/09 on the side of the road no oil in the motor. I could have driven, but the i drive oil light blinked red and told me to stop driving. The car is only good for wondering where and when I will be broken down next. I had the car in the shop for electrical problems for two weeks. Its not maintenance free if you have to be on the side of the road as much as I have been. If the reliability is bad then the build quality is just as bad. 3rd BMW and last one, I can't do this to myself anymore.

I'm lovin' it
By BMW in SF on 12/22/08 18:10 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car a couple of weeks ago after owning an 1982 280ZX and a 2003 MR2 in the last three years (long story). Anyway, apart from being the most fantastic car I've ever bought, the 335 is probably the best purchase of anything I've ever made. I love it. The performance is amazing, the ride feel is great, the interior is beautiful. Makes my commute to work something to look forward to instead of something to dread. If you love to drive, this is the car for you. Puts a smile on my face every day.

Awesome
By Sig on 10/22/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered the car. It has all the upgrades except iPod and nav system, instead I use a Garmin. Acceleration is fantastic, in any gear, any speed. On a recent 2,850 mile trip I averaged between 26.7 to 31.5mpg combined driving with hitting 115 mph occasionally. No problem with the run flats. Handling is superb. I had always wanted a Porsche, not anymore. This is all the car I want and need. Love the free maintenance for 4yrs/50000 miles, but 5 yrs/60000 miles would be even better. Have no complaints at all.

2008 335i Cpe Auto RWD
By joe on 08/31/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned an '07 Cayman S. This car is a beautiful compromise between a sports car and a luxury car. It is tight, fast, and comfortable. It is easy to drive. The gas mileage is surprisingly good if driven conservatively. I was leery about the run-flats, but I have to say I don't notice a harsh ride or excess noise (especially compared to the ride of the Porsche in sport mode, with conventional tires). The options do push the price up.

BMW 335i
By Kurt on 08/26/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is fun to drive, but unreliable at times. In my opinion, this car has a fuel management problem. Don't like the run flats, but oh well. Recommend waiting two more years until BMW works out the bugs or you'll be spending more time in the shop than expected. Have a second car available. Lease, do not buy this car so you can get a good feel for the car until you are ready to buy.

Second time around as good as the first!
By rattlerjw on 07/03/08 05:35 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second BMW and let me tell you, BMW has made some huge upgrades. Three years ago I owned a 330i sedan w/ M inspired performance package. This car is way better on so many levels. For starters the 300 hp engine is very powerful. In third gear I'm already at 100 mph. This car is FAST! Also, the color options are great. I choose sparkling graphite w/ coral red leather. The interior and exterior designs are very pleasing to the eye. Great options are available like the iPod connection, comfort access, and rear park distance alert. Another cool feature is the ability to retract the side mirrors automatically with a push of button. Overall, this is a great car that I highly recommend!

BMW is 3 for 3
By Paul Schroeder on 06/24/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We just picked this car up two days ago, and are already in love. It is faster than my Porsche Boxster, and nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. It is supremely comfortable with great technology gizmos. I have wanted this car since it first came out, and am not disappointed. There is a little body lean, but it is still great for its size and the type of car. We have owned two other BMWs, a Z4 and a 330 convertible, but this is the best by far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.