2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
After 3 years of ownership
By AD from LA on 04/04/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early 2008 and still look back every time I walk away from it. I have a white 328 coupe optioned with auto transmission, sports package, and ipod connections so it's pretty bare bones. Over the years I've received numerous comments and I think the design is classic BMW. I didn't test drive other competing cars and after renting the Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti I don't regret the purchase at all. The overall interior build quality, telepathic steering, excellent handling, and covered warranty/maintenance make this an excellent purchase. After almost three years, I've made a few visits to the dealer to fix interior trims (all covered by warranty), nothing mechanical.

Just Beautiful
By A.M on 01/30/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my 328i coupe for over a year and I still love every moment I spend driving it. The car is beautiful from the outside - perfect in every way. The ride after more than a year is sporty, comfortable and precise. I have active steering which is a another level of driving pleasure. I took it on a road trip across the country last year and it performed very well - extremely good fuel consumption on long trips - 27mpg. The interior cabin is silent with only a gentle hum from the engine. I have the audio package - its brilliant!! From classical to hip-hop it never disappoints. Bottom line - solid car with great performance. I absolutely love it.

Just average
By Just average... on 01/03/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2008 328i coupe in 7/09, and immediately had buyers remorse. The car is fun to drive, but not very practical. I used this as my daily car and felt I was always dodging potholes. The Run Flat Tires are very noisy on the highway. Also, apparently BMW has a problem with motors "ticking". I could only use the Super from my local gas station, anywhere else the car would tick when idling. The car looks great, but is not a comfortable ride. The interior space is tiny, and there is no place for storage. As you can see I was not happy with this car, so I cut my losses and traded it in after only 5 months.

BMW 328 coupe
By jim on 12/19/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got coupe 328 with auto, prem. and sport package. Car is great but hate run flat tires. Wake up BMW and get rid of those lousy expensive tires. This car deserves better.

Great car
By Red 328i on 09/11/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purposely waited a few months to write a review so I could experience the car a little bit. I have had the car for 2 months now and it has not disappointed. There is no question I would prefer the HP of the 335 better but this car is a great combination of performance, driving dynamics and comfort. I was coming from a G35 and this car is definitely put together better and doesn't feel as cheap (because it isn't!!). Compared it to everything else in the same class and it is a bit more expensive, but so far, it was worth it. Run flats do make the ride a bit rough. I have the 6spd and I am getting roughly 20 mpg in the city - Not bad and very important these days.

Awesome car, but no longer entry level
By francisb on 08/09/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 3-series (2002 325i, 2006 325i, now my 2008 328i Coupe) and I can say that I have been a loyal, dedicated customer of BMW. The cars are so wonderful once you buy one you can't buy or drive any other make. It feels like a part of you physically as you drive the car, from the structure to the brakes to the steering and engine the feeling is so terrific and reassuring other makes feel like appliances in comparison or clouds to drive (i.e. Lexus). BMW sure has created a car worthy of master craftsmanship that will have longevity in the marketplace for years to come if they keep up the wonderful effort in producing such a wonderful product!

The last BMW for me
By imgnohc on 06/18/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The first 4 months of driving the car is everything I expected. It felt great. Then the mechanical problems began. This is my second and my last BMW. I had similar terrible problems with my first BMW but I loved the body style of this latest 3 series and couldn't resist. But, I've learned my lesson. Problems I've encountered in the last 3 months include overheating engine, electrical problems with my windows and door locks, a/c not functioning at low speed, scratches caused by service center, etc.

Overall a Very Good Vehicle!
By Paul on 05/02/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

A very well built car. Although the 328 does not have the engine performance of the 335i or the Infiniti G37 it is still more than adequate for very fast bursts of speed. The car is comfortable and the handling is crisp, tight and predictable. You can feel that a great deal of thought has gone into the design. I believe that the 3-series is still the benchmark and very much the dominant player in its market. The iDrive system takes an hour or so to get used too and is not that complicated in my opinion. Overall I am more than satisfied and have no regrets.

Performance with a touch of luxury
By Jabo on 04/18/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, has the performance to wow anyone that rides in the passenger seat and the luxury that BMW is known.

Too Bad the Seats Are Vinyl
By Alex in MD on 03/13/08 05:05 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

An otherwise fine car is marred by the standard vinyl "leatherette" seats that have no place on a luxury sports car. While "leatherette" may look fine, no matter what you call it, vinyl is hot, sticky and uncomfortable. Why don't they just offer and market honest cloth seats on the base model. BMW was remarkably uncooperative in addressing the complaint. While the seats could have easily been recovered in leather, BMW wanted a whopping $6,000 for the leather covers (when the leather package costs only $1,350 to order). The car is nimble and great fun to drive, but the standard seats and total lack of customer support are troubling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.