2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
We miss this car already
By pbschroeder on 06/20/11 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe. We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors. We bought a 2011 X3 28i. This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it. Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot. 0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling. According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

Versatile sports car
By lfinkel on 04/15/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 328xi coupe. I have owned 3 series sedan, coupe, and convertible.  Tis is the best car for me.  It is so versatile.  Drives well in the snow, totes a good amount of cargo when then seats are folded down, has tons of safety features, and overall I can drive in all weather conditions.  And it is a quintessential BMW. It handles sublime, is very fast and quick, comfortable ride, excellent stereo, and looks great.  I highly recommend this car.

Fuel Injection Problems
By steve on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was in the shop every 3 months for the 3 years that I leased the car. They cannot reliably repair the fuel injection defect. Top speed of 25 mph when the fuel injection system goes down. Very dangerous car on the highway with this chronic issue. BMW not compassionate with problems. They will repair but no responsibility. They should publicly warn about their defect in this car. They should offer incentives to turn in the car. I turned the car in 2 months early for the safety issues and they expected me to pay a fine. Will never buy BMW again.

BMW 335
By Jasmin on 06/26/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car in Dec 2008 with 12,000 miles, CPO . Four times within 17 months, it was sent to the dealer for engine lights turned on. Not very reliable. Fuel pump was replaced three times within 17 months.

After 3 years of ownership
By AD from LA on 04/04/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early 2008 and still look back every time I walk away from it. I have a white 328 coupe optioned with auto transmission, sports package, and ipod connections so it's pretty bare bones. Over the years I've received numerous comments and I think the design is classic BMW. I didn't test drive other competing cars and after renting the Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti I don't regret the purchase at all. The overall interior build quality, telepathic steering, excellent handling, and covered warranty/maintenance make this an excellent purchase. After almost three years, I've made a few visits to the dealer to fix interior trims (all covered by warranty), nothing mechanical.

Just Beautiful
By A.M on 01/30/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my 328i coupe for over a year and I still love every moment I spend driving it. The car is beautiful from the outside - perfect in every way. The ride after more than a year is sporty, comfortable and precise. I have active steering which is a another level of driving pleasure. I took it on a road trip across the country last year and it performed very well - extremely good fuel consumption on long trips - 27mpg. The interior cabin is silent with only a gentle hum from the engine. I have the audio package - its brilliant!! From classical to hip-hop it never disappoints. Bottom line - solid car with great performance. I absolutely love it.

Just average
By Just average... on 01/03/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2008 328i coupe in 7/09, and immediately had buyers remorse. The car is fun to drive, but not very practical. I used this as my daily car and felt I was always dodging potholes. The Run Flat Tires are very noisy on the highway. Also, apparently BMW has a problem with motors "ticking". I could only use the Super from my local gas station, anywhere else the car would tick when idling. The car looks great, but is not a comfortable ride. The interior space is tiny, and there is no place for storage. As you can see I was not happy with this car, so I cut my losses and traded it in after only 5 months.

BMW 328 coupe
By jim on 12/19/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got coupe 328 with auto, prem. and sport package. Car is great but hate run flat tires. Wake up BMW and get rid of those lousy expensive tires. This car deserves better.

Broken at 2k on the side of the road
By ruf on 12/07/09 01:21 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to say I paid 52k to be broken down on the side of the road at 2k miles. I am on my 2nd fuel pump as of last week, tonight 12/7/09 on the side of the road no oil in the motor. I could have driven, but the i drive oil light blinked red and told me to stop driving. The car is only good for wondering where and when I will be broken down next. I had the car in the shop for electrical problems for two weeks. Its not maintenance free if you have to be on the side of the road as much as I have been. If the reliability is bad then the build quality is just as bad. 3rd BMW and last one, I can't do this to myself anymore.

Good to drive, but service is tough
By AT on 09/25/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered my car a few years ago and for the most part have really liked it with a few caveats. Its been driven to Montana in the snow and handled Seattle snow-pocolypse '09 with flying colors. I think it handles better in the snow than my previous subarus. The caveats: The fuel pump has been replaced twice due to factory flaw (warranty repair) and this series of car has consistent issues with the brakes making noise as you take off (not under braking). BMW currently will not fix it. The service experience has me re-thinking the car. I may go to something smaller and slightly more fuel efficient for commuting. It wouldn't be an issue if I bought a truck, but this is a BMW. I expected more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.