Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

We miss this car already
By pbschroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe. We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors. We bought a 2011 X3 28i. This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it. Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot. 0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling. According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

iPod, sports seats, bluetooth, speed, handling, fuel economy.

None.

Versatile sports car
By lfinkel

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 328xi coupe. I have owned 3 series sedan, coupe, and convertible.  Tis is the best car for me.  It is so versatile.  Drives well in the snow, totes a good amount of cargo when then seats are folded down, has tons of safety features, and overall I can drive in all weather conditions.  And it is a quintessential BMW. It handles sublime, is very fast and quick, comfortable ride, excellent stereo, and looks great.  I highly recommend this car.

Handling, acceleration, ride comfort, safe, AWD, fold down seats, iPod connection, stereo, satellite, brakes, appearance.

Mileage. I get 16-17 city and 26-27 highway.

Fuel Injection Problems
By steve

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was in the shop every 3 months for the 3 years that I leased the car. They cannot reliably repair the fuel injection defect. Top speed of 25 mph when the fuel injection system goes down. Very dangerous car on the highway with this chronic issue. BMW not compassionate with problems. They will repair but no responsibility. They should publicly warn about their defect in this car. They should offer incentives to turn in the car. I turned the car in 2 months early for the safety issues and they expected me to pay a fine. Will never buy BMW again.

driving top speed 25 mph on the highway in front of a semi coming at me at 80 mph.

Recall the BMW 335 until they can reliably fix the fuel injection system

BMW 335
By Jasmin

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car in Dec 2008 with 12,000 miles, CPO . Four times within 17 months, it was sent to the dealer for engine lights turned on. Not very reliable. Fuel pump was replaced three times within 17 months.

After 3 years of ownership
By AD from LA

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early 2008 and still look back every time I walk away from it. I have a white 328 coupe optioned with auto transmission, sports package, and ipod connections so it's pretty bare bones. Over the years I've received numerous comments and I think the design is classic BMW. I didn't test drive other competing cars and after renting the Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti I don't regret the purchase at all. The overall interior build quality, telepathic steering, excellent handling, and covered warranty/maintenance make this an excellent purchase. After almost three years, I've made a few visits to the dealer to fix interior trims (all covered by warranty), nothing mechanical.

Ipod, timeless exterior design, sports package rims, thick steering wheel, gray poplar wood interim trim, roomy back seat, rear folding backseat, maintenance/warranty for 4 yrs/50k miles, excellent interior build quality, dual climate control system

Make power seats and leather seating surfaces standard, get rid of the RFT tires in favor regular that would make the ride less harsh