2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Would have been great, but...
By ChiefBigTalker on 12/01/09 17:39 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is nearly a great car. Fast. Handles well. Looks great. Sounds great. The retracting top is a thing of beauty. But it isn't as reliable as my old Alfa Romeo. Run flat tires are fragile; I've had to replace four of them in two years. I can deal with the somewhat harsh ride, but the huge expense and inconvenience has taught me never to buy another car with run flats. The fuel injection system broke down, taking the car out of commission for several days. Seats rattle. The cable connecting the ipod to the sound system is poor, and despite replacement still cuts out a channel from time to time. iDrive isn't that bad; lose the run flats, make it reliable, and it would be great.

Still impressed
By Bill Botz on 11/07/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchase went smooth, did my homework, knew what i wanted. The most impressive thing about the car is the immediate torque gratification, and the amount of thought they put into the engineering aspects of the car - every aspect. I have still yet to find anything I dislike about the design and it has been 6 months! I absolutely love everything about it. One of those purchases that works out be more satisfying than anticipated long after. Not a cheap car, but a bargain for what you get.

Absolute bliss
By gottadrivebmw on 09/05/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up the car this past march. It was sitting in the lot, so the sales person gave us the car for invoice price, so I couldn't resist the offer. Got the car in monaco blue on beige. Absolutely gorgeous. The car is a beast, even though it goes 0-60 in 5.7 secs, give or take, you'll outrun 90% of the cars on the road. Gas mileage is superb as well, averaging 24 mpg with mixed driving. I just filled up my car and I have 440 miles on a full tank. If you're looking for a fun and somewhat economical car, the 335i is it.

335i Convertible is Fun In The Sun
By Philip on 08/15/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My first BMW and am really glad I got the convertible. I'm in San Diego where the weather is great year round; dropping the top on my new 335i enhances the fun of this great car. It's a speeding ticket waiting to happen. Watch out CHP! The performance is spectacular. It's a real beauty and it turns heads. Mine is alpine white with cream beige leather seats - very classy looking. I purchased the PermaPlate to protect the paint and the leather seats. Especially good investment for a convertible as the seats have more exposure to the elements - the car looks great all the time. Driving in sport mode is great fun on mountain roads - truly exhilarating. This car rates high on the fun meter!

An engine with a drop top to go with it
By Hoo pics on 07/27/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted a convertible; got a rocket ship without a roof. The 305 hp engine mated with a 6 speed ZF auto trany is a masterwork -- smooth power and precise shifts in all situations. The 3-part roof is a miracle of modern engineering; owning it out of warranty would scare me (est $20k+ repl. cost). My biggest gripe on the roof is it leaks in pressure car washes; even so it is dry in rain and quiet on the road. Sound system is ok, and clear even with the top down. The standard (non-sport) seats are excellent, with fantastic seat heaters. Gripes: car without sport package is mushy in the corners. Run flat tires are a stupid joke. Interior fit/finish not great. A/C weakish. 16 mpg city.

Phenomenal Car
By Jim S on 07/18/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this car for fun; the Suburban carries the loads when needed. We've owned BMWs, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo and Saab. Nothing drives like a BMW. This was an indulgence and we don't regret it a bit! Car is Monaco (midnight) blue, tan leather, Premium Pkg, iDrive, Sirius, iPod, auto and cold weather package. The car doesn't have the Sport Package, and IMHO doesn't need it. In fact, I think it makes the ride more comfortable. The most fun is when you need to step on it a little to pass somebody or enter a freeway. The power is immediate, the handling is precise and secure. It's just plain fun! We're loving this car.

Hear the exhaust and it's game over
By bmw for life on 07/15/08 23:55 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Everything about this car is just amazing. The exterior design makes the 3 series sedan look like a Japanese car. But the exhaust note from the twin turbos is what stole my heart. The steering is also very responsive but the suspension is just set to the compensate for people who want comfort, but also a little sportiness. But hands down, BMW is definitely the ultimate driving machine. Kudos to BMW with the hardtop design.

335 cabrio
By roman krol on 07/05/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love it, first BMW, traded in 300 srt8 and so far only positive things to say about BMW. Not as fast as srt but it has enough punch to snap your head back. It handles simple amazing. Expensive but still less then MB cabrio and performance of MB is not even close unless you get AMG. The small trunk has plenty of space. Highly recommend!

2008 335i Convertible
By gm77 on 06/22/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This our first BMW and probably will not be our last. First impression is very favorable. This car has great balance and performance and room for 4 and iDrive isn't the nightmare some make it out to be. Trunk size works for us. A large suitcase fits sideways under the top spacer along with my wife's makeup case and odds and ends. Plenty for a long weekend. My biggest gripe is with BMW making a decent iPod connection and sat radio an option. On a car in this price range in today's world, these should be standard. The wheels are ok, almost "boring". Fit and finish is good, just one dash rattle.

'08 BMW 335i Convertible
By George on 06/15/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First BMW and we wish we had purchased one sooner. This is a great car with no glaring weaknesses. I'm confused about the reviews on the trunk space. We can put a medium size (larger than carry on) suitcase and my wife's makeup case and other odds and ends under the "top down" space divider with no problem. More than enough space for a long weekend for 2. If we went with soft sided luggage, it would be even better. We have Nav, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport and Comfort access packages. In today's world, Sirius, iPod and windblocker should come standard. This is our only complaint with BMW being so cheesy in this price range.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.