2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BW328i Great Car But Repairs are Expensive!
By billsfan8 on 12/04/12 13:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven a 2008 BW328i for a year and a half now. It's fun to drive with precise handling, quick braking, and very good acceleration. The interior is nice with leather seats but some trim parts aren't great. The retractable cupholders are prone to breaking and expensive to replace. Brake dust is excessive too with the stock brakepads making the wheels always dusty. I enjoy the car very much as it is well designed with high quality components for the most part. I would warn any Raleigh, North Carolina prospective BMW buyers to avoid Leith BMW due to dishonest sales and service practices.

Best Car I've Owned
By sociopath on 05/27/12 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2002 325i before I bought my 2008 328i sedan new four years ago. The OEM Bridgestone run-flats were even more awful than many folks are willing to say. After my run-flats wore out at only 16K, I replaced them with a set of Michellin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. After 10K, these tires are wearing very well and give me a soft, quiet, and great-handling ride. The car has been incredibly reliable--simply outstanding since the beginning--and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. It has a sporty yet secure, comfottable ride and I get about 18 mpg in the city and almost 30 on the highway.

ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!
By billr6 on 12/01/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own my black 328i for over 6 months now. Bought used with 32K miles. Incredible car, step on the gas and you are in heaven. Power is unreal, I only felt this way once in Infinity G35. I can't help myself when driving this car, often I push it over 100 Mph on hwy that has a speed limit of 60 or 70 Mph. At 100 Mph you hardly feel any shaking or noise. Car is grounded and planted like it has roots to the highway. Passing is a breeze and exhilarating!!! And when you hear that engine growl - like a surge of nuclear energy is passing to the wheels. Steering and handling is top notch!! 100% German engineering. Love it!!! No sports luxury car matches this car. I tested them all. BMW rules!!

Expensive but reliable
By del21 on 05/19/11 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October 2007 with 2 miles on it. I have had it to the shop 1 time for a stero fuse that went back and was replaced under the warrant. I replaced the run flat tires with regular tires ($70 dollar Pirelli's from Discount Tire) and it made no change in it's performance, "repeat, no change in performance after i had run the original tires on Nitrogen for 39000 miles. Nitrogen makes the difference in tires, trust me. The car now has 53000 miles and it still runs great. The only notable annoyance it that the timing clicks and has clicked since about 8000 miles but it is of no harm to the engine. I get the oil changed once a year for about $80, not at the dealership. Great car.

The best car I have ever owned
By dave346 on 02/21/11 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. The handling is better than any car I have ever driven. Great gas mileage. Very reliable. Powerful smooth engine. Fun and safe car. I understand why this is the benchmark.

Officially a BMW loyalist
By BTTampa on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never understood the BMW fans out there until I got mine. I used to trade in my car every couple years, I've had this one for 3 years and still get excited to go out and drive it. It just rides and drives different than any car I have had before. You really feel like you "know" this car, and it "knows" you. The handling is incredible, fuel economy is very good on the highway, and it still gets stares from others. As with many German cars, its had a few electrical glitches, but the warranty covers everything and its been a couple minor inconveniences more than anything else. And to include all routine service for free for 4 years?? You more than get your money's worth with this car!

Picking right options is key
By JThom on 03/28/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought used 328i, auto, prem package. I drove a 335i w prem and almost bought a 328i w sport package, manual trans (drove it for several days). My thoughts: forget the sport package unless you have lots of open road for high speed cornering etc. The standard suspension is very good & sporty enough for most of us - and the ride is noticeably better. 335i is overkill (and unreliable it seems) - the 328 is actually very fast. Also, 6-sp manual is a bit clunky and auto is very good (esp when shifted manually). Finally I do not have run- flats; got the M Mobility pump and sealer instead. Thought I had to have sport and manual, but am much happier with standard suspension and auto.

Not Impressed
By BMWOwner on 10/29/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had four Audi A4 sedans for the last six years. I purchased a BMW, hoping for the same or better performance. I'm not impressed. The transmission is sluggish, jerking around corners when accelerating (tech says it's normal), run-flat tires and NO SPARE and the tires are not good, the value for the money isn't there and not sure what the buzz about BMW is. I can't wait to trade this one for another Audi!

Runflat tires
By Rob Nesbitt on 08/29/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As you can see above, I like the car. That said, I feel the dealers take advantage of the customer. This is a lease, and I need their approved service. They charged by $309 for a wheel alignment which could have been sold with poor alignment. Who's to know. Also, I was charged $483.00 for a tire replacement (simple nail). This is outrageous. According to the dealer, run-flats cannot be repaired. Again, I was stuck with the dealer recommendation. Run-flats are a poor excuse for "saving" the weight of a spare and "peace of mind" to be able to go 50 miles at 50mph (try that on an L.A. freeway). One must use secondary roads if one does not want to get rear- ended.

A Great Car (328i)
By Prof T on 08/17/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

For the money this is one great car. Excellent performance for a 4dr sedan that gets around 23MPG. Smooth ride and lots of quality inside. Would buy this car again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.