Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 335i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

We miss this car already
By pbschroeder

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Consider this the final verdict on the 2008 335i coupe. We put 50,000 miles on this car in less than 3 years and only sold it because we needed something with 4 doors. We bought a 2011 X3 28i. This car was fast and comfortable from the day we got it. Tap the accelerator, the turbos kick in and it is off like a shot. 0-60 this car was nearly as fast as my '99 Corvette. We loved the iPod, the bluetooth, the sports seats and the handling. According to friends, once you got in the back seat, that was comfortable, too.

iPod, sports seats, bluetooth, speed, handling, fuel economy.

None.

Fuel Injection Problems
By steve

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was in the shop every 3 months for the 3 years that I leased the car. They cannot reliably repair the fuel injection defect. Top speed of 25 mph when the fuel injection system goes down. Very dangerous car on the highway with this chronic issue. BMW not compassionate with problems. They will repair but no responsibility. They should publicly warn about their defect in this car. They should offer incentives to turn in the car. I turned the car in 2 months early for the safety issues and they expected me to pay a fine. Will never buy BMW again.

driving top speed 25 mph on the highway in front of a semi coming at me at 80 mph.

Recall the BMW 335 until they can reliably fix the fuel injection system

BMW 335
By Jasmin

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this car in Dec 2008 with 12,000 miles, CPO . Four times within 17 months, it was sent to the dealer for engine lights turned on. Not very reliable. Fuel pump was replaced three times within 17 months.

Broken at 2k on the side of the road
By ruf

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I hate to say I paid 52k to be broken down on the side of the road at 2k miles. I am on my 2nd fuel pump as of last week, tonight 12/7/09 on the side of the road no oil in the motor. I could have driven, but the i drive oil light blinked red and told me to stop driving. The car is only good for wondering where and when I will be broken down next. I had the car in the shop for electrical problems for two weeks. Its not maintenance free if you have to be on the side of the road as much as I have been. If the reliability is bad then the build quality is just as bad. 3rd BMW and last one, I can't do this to myself anymore.

Sport seats and i pod while you wait for the next tow.

I'm lovin' it
By BMW in SF

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car a couple of weeks ago after owning an 1982 280ZX and a 2003 MR2 in the last three years (long story). Anyway, apart from being the most fantastic car I've ever bought, the 335 is probably the best purchase of anything I've ever made. I love it. The performance is amazing, the ride feel is great, the interior is beautiful. Makes my commute to work something to look forward to instead of something to dread. If you love to drive, this is the car for you. Puts a smile on my face every day.

HD Radio + Logic 7 stereo = freaking awesome. Bluetooth integration is great. Comfort access makes you feel like a rock star. Hill-holding clutch is amazing.

The automatic transmission is lifeless - don't buy it - you're missing half the fun.