Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

After 3 years of ownership
By AD from LA

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early 2008 and still look back every time I walk away from it. I have a white 328 coupe optioned with auto transmission, sports package, and ipod connections so it's pretty bare bones. Over the years I've received numerous comments and I think the design is classic BMW. I didn't test drive other competing cars and after renting the Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti I don't regret the purchase at all. The overall interior build quality, telepathic steering, excellent handling, and covered warranty/maintenance make this an excellent purchase. After almost three years, I've made a few visits to the dealer to fix interior trims (all covered by warranty), nothing mechanical.

Favorite Features

Ipod, timeless exterior design, sports package rims, thick steering wheel, gray poplar wood interim trim, roomy back seat, rear folding backseat, maintenance/warranty for 4 yrs/50k miles, excellent interior build quality, dual climate control system

Suggested Improvements

Make power seats and leather seating surfaces standard, get rid of the RFT tires in favor regular that would make the ride less harsh

Just Beautiful
By A.M

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my 328i coupe for over a year and I still love every moment I spend driving it. The car is beautiful from the outside - perfect in every way. The ride after more than a year is sporty, comfortable and precise. I have active steering which is a another level of driving pleasure. I took it on a road trip across the country last year and it performed very well - extremely good fuel consumption on long trips - 27mpg. The interior cabin is silent with only a gentle hum from the engine. I have the audio package - its brilliant!! From classical to hip-hop it never disappoints. Bottom line - solid car with great performance. I absolutely love it.

Favorite Features

Active steering - makes it so easy...

Suggested Improvements

sometimes jerks when in first gear

Just average
By Just average...

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2008 328i coupe in 7/09, and immediately had buyers remorse. The car is fun to drive, but not very practical. I used this as my daily car and felt I was always dodging potholes. The Run Flat Tires are very noisy on the highway. Also, apparently BMW has a problem with motors "ticking". I could only use the Super from my local gas station, anywhere else the car would tick when idling. The car looks great, but is not a comfortable ride. The interior space is tiny, and there is no place for storage. As you can see I was not happy with this car, so I cut my losses and traded it in after only 5 months.

Favorite Features

The styling, handling, and sport mode for automatic.

Suggested Improvements

idrive Navigation, run flat tires are terrible, the ticking motor BMW refuses to recognize as a problem.

BMW 328 coupe
By jim

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got coupe 328 with auto, prem. and sport package. Car is great but hate run flat tires. Wake up BMW and get rid of those lousy expensive tires. This car deserves better.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Drop run flats.

Great car
By Red 328i

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purposely waited a few months to write a review so I could experience the car a little bit. I have had the car for 2 months now and it has not disappointed. There is no question I would prefer the HP of the 335 better but this car is a great combination of performance, driving dynamics and comfort. I was coming from a G35 and this car is definitely put together better and doesn't feel as cheap (because it isn't!!). Compared it to everything else in the same class and it is a bit more expensive, but so far, it was worth it. Run flats do make the ride a bit rough. I have the 6spd and I am getting roughly 20 mpg in the city - Not bad and very important these days.

Favorite Features

Sport seats, iPod integration, handling and road feel, shifter and pivoting headlights. Build quality is great - car feels extremely solid.

Suggested Improvements

Can't see the display on the radio with polarized sun glasses - Come on guys that's ridiculous. Needs more interior storage. IPod cable in the arm rest is already having some issues. Closing the arm rest bends the cable severely - needs to be a right angle plug.