Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Hope you have money to throw away
By Randy

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my wife a 335i convertible after she was rear ended totaling her Honda S2000. she drove the care 3 months and the water pump had to be replaced. then the rear wheel bearings had to be replaced. Then the Turbos went out. this car has been sitting in the shop more than it has been driven. What a piece of junk.

Most Unreliable Car I Ever Owned
By DH

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After driving Saabs for the past 23 years, I excitedly bought a BMW. What a mistake! This is the worse car I have ever owned and that includes a 1973 Vega. It has stranded me, requiring a flatbed ride to the mechanic 5 times in the past 2.5 years. It drives nice, the AWD is excellent and is a great car when it is not with the mechanic. Here are the problems to date: 1. Broken Motor Mount Bolts at 41K miles 2. Water Pump Failure at 50K - stranded 3. Serpentine Belt Failure at 57K - stranded 4. Fuel Pump Failure at 61K - stranded 5. Ignition Coil Failure at 72K - stranded 6. Starter Failure at 76K - stranded Based on conversations with 3 colleagues that also own 328s and 335s, these problems are common. I am dumping this car in the spring and will never own a BMW again.

My sporty coupe
By Nancy

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car came from my Aunt, the original owner. It only has 16,600 miles. I have large dogs and this car cannot accommodate my dogs.

BMW For Life
By Nahidah

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'd been looking for a used car for a few weeks but found nothing I liked. My husband was out car shopping with a friend when he found this car. I was never a fan of BMW, now I never want to drive anything else! He got it for a fair price, one owner, 70,000 miles, well maintained and super clean. I love this car!

The Ultimate Trap Machine
By KC

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the twin-turbo power and handling but it gave more misery than joy of driving it. It was more expensive repairing it than raising my child. A piece of German crap!!!!

• SUV