2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Worst car I've owned

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Review

Worst car I've owned
By nicholasc on

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very unreliable vehicle, I have 62k miles on my car. I've had the fuel pump replaced and the fuel injectors twice. Also had the water pump die on me on the freeway, car goes into limp mode and was glad I wasn't killed. Do not buy one if its gonna be your daily driver and then whats the point of buying one anyway.

Always have a warranty and towing coverage
By sassy4u2u
on 11/16/15 00:26 AM (PST)

I know how you feel! I special ordered a 2007 BMW 328i coupe in 9/06. I did the BMW destination pickup in NC. Went through a 3.5 hour delivery and 4 hours of BMW driving school learning all features. ABS, traction control, etc. I know my car inside out. I ordered the 328i over the 335i because, I wanted to put the extra money into the inside. Believe me the 328i is fast enough unless you are going to race on a track. I put $11,900 of packages and options on this car because, I wanted to keep it forever. I love my car I even put Active Steering which makes it a baby 6 series. It is Space Grey with Red interior. I wanted heated seats and being from the south that was not an option unless you were in the northern region at the time. They got it for me. I wrote a check with taxes and fees for $49,451. I have changed the oil every 6K miles instead of 15K as suggested. I have 71,181 miles which is an average little over $8000 miles a year since I took delivery in 11/06. This car stayed in the shop with electrical issues for the first 2 years. I drove their loner cars more than I drove my car. I ran out of time on my warranty before miles so, I bought their expensive extended warranty and used it twice. I think I was about 1K up on that $3200 and ran out of time before miles again. Please do not let your battery go dead. No one told me that. Then modules go out and it cost me over $1500 for a battery and the modules that blew. Let me say this that I have a good aftermarket BMW repair shop that I found that is honest and is about two thirds or less of the BMW dealership cost after my warrant was gone. Once your battery goes dead you get a steering wheel lock. It will count down how many times you can start the engine then you are locked out of starting your car. BMW will not let the dealership reset this error but, you have to get the steering column replaced. Thank GOD again I found a good honest aftermarket repair shop. This car is a money pit. There is something every other month now. I could be paying payments on an S Class Mercedes for the repairs now. I went to trade it in on an Infiniti which, the same dealership has a BMW dealership and got an estimate of $5,500 trade. I told them I would burn it in front of the BMW dealership before I would take that for it. The Louis Vuitton purse I had on my arm cost more than that at the time. It makes me sick that I have treated this car like a only child and been treated like a bad parent. The only thing I can say so far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with the engine and it will run like a scaled dog. Yes, I have had it around 140 on the interstate. In sport mode it will out run cars that it would surprise you. My poor child will have to go to some bone yard somewhere. I just refuse to pay payments on a car paid for in full. Everything that goes wrong should be a recall on MOST BMWs. What happen to them. I thought it was the Ultimate Driving Machine. I guess it is as long as it is running! Should I had bought that Mercedes CLK coupe instead? I also will never buy the first new module year car coming out. You have to let them get the bugs out the first year.