What a Rocket!
By Doug on
2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
One word: wow! This is my first Bimmer. I've owned American muscle cars and turbo-charged imports, but nothing combines drive and performance like this 335i. It has the raw power of my old V8 camero, and sticks to the road like my 300Z - the best of both worlds. Almost all the cars on the lots were auto, and all had the premium package. We ordered ours from the factory in Germany in order to get a 6 speed manual gearbox with all the sport options and very little of the "premium" options (no i-drive, thank goodness). It arrive in 5 weeks. It feels like we got a production M3 right of the box! We have had it for almost 7 months now and its still a thrill.
Favorite Features
The engine is incredible - NO turbo lag. Want to go fast? Flatten the pedal to the floor and let the computer do all the fuel flow adjustments. Smooth power and incredible cornering. I actually turned off the traction control once just to remember what a loose end on a high speed turn felt like!
Suggested Improvements
I'm six foot so it's comfortable in the front, but a bit tight in the back for teh shoulders. The G35 was roomier in back, but you have to give up a lot for the added space. Also the front cup holders are poorly placed - they stick way out. I hit my knee on them when I'm the passenger if they're out