2007 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Update - it SUCKS! WALK

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Review

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Update - it SUCKS! WALK AWAY!
By yankeejb1 on

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All the car mags totally fawn over this car as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread - and it is a looker with great performance (when it's running properly)... but make no mistake - these cars are absolute garbage. BMW enthusiasts will of course overlook these car's flaws no matter what, but those of us normal folks who aren't blinded by brand loyalty will certainly notice the car's gross unreliability, build quality that rivals a 1980s Chevy Camaro, exorbitant maintenance costs and (in my case) piss-poor service, support and sheer arrogance by the BMW dealer. There's absolutely no excuse for any of this and BMW should be ashamed (but I seriously doubt it...)

Favorite Features

Performance (when it ran properly) was outstanding, certainly no complaints there. Decent gas mileage too, considering the performance. The car is definitely a looker, one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Sound system was one of the best I've ever heard. It's just too bad BMW shot these cars in the foot with their Yugo-like reliability...

Suggested Improvements

Not much else to say, really. If you're considering one of these, consider yourself warned before you succumb. I had high hopes for this car and really wanted to like it, but with all the issues it had and BMW's seeming indifference to just about everything, I ended up selling it at a loss. Maybe the new 4-series will be better than this 3-series generation, but at this point I honestly couldn't care less - I'm done with BMW - permanently.