Don't buy it if you want an econobox
By frazbmw on
2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I have rationalized not getting a 3 series since test driving one before purchasing a TL a number of years ago. Instantly after driving the TL and 3 back to back I knew the 3 was a better car but I feared long term reliability. The TL didn't last long and was traded off and years went by before finding a clean 328xi auto with 88k on the odometer. I recognize that it will be far more expensive to repair than used accords that I was comparing but once you drive one it all seems worth it. These are solidly built cars not overly contaminated with gadgets or cup holders. One really starts to enjoy driving, which I haven't done for many years. The more you DIY the feasible owning seems.
Favorite Features
The "Driving Experience". Looks. The way the car holds the line. Perfectly balanced, leather interior is great gauges are simple, professional radio is adequate.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic tranny is confused, given the chance I would have bought a manual rear wheel drive. No run flats and a spare would be something I would personally prefer.