2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Love my car

2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

335xi Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Love my car
By Gerald on

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car 8 months, and done a few 12 hours road trips. Great car to drive, smooth, economical for the performance, fast and responsive. Generally a quiet and comfortable car, though the cabin noise above 100+ mph is a bit high - not sure if that's the tires, or that it's just our highways in the midwest really aren't built to be driven at that speed. Steptronic is nice, but occasional problem jerking when accelerating from a dead stop. Also tested an auto Infiniti G35x but no comparison. 26-27 mpg on highway, average about 19mpg but I drive a lot of start/stop in Chicago, and it's hard not to gun the engine!

The engine, handling, styling, premium package. Love the styling of the Sports Pkg optional wheels but performance tires would have compromised snow handling.

The cup holders - I hate to sound picky, but I take corners and go over bumps one-handed when I have something in the cup holders, with the other hand holding what's in the cup holders. Storage in the consoles and glove box could be better. Road noise at high speed (100+ mph) - is that the tires?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review