2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Great car

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Review

Great car
By rmc100 on

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 328xi for a few weeks now. I've been a loyal X5 driver (3 of them!) over the past 10 years. I decided to get better gas mileage and cheaper car payment, but didn't want to sacrifice BMW ride. I've not been disappointed. The car is fun to drive and handles great. Even though it doesn't have the high sight lines of the SUV, the coupe's big doors actually give you a wider field of view. (I'm tall, so I sit back far from the wheel, so even in the X5, I could see the side posts in my blind spot.) The car is light, so the power of the smaller engine feels stroner than the X5. Sure, there's less room all around -- but with the seats folded down, it carries a nice load.

Love the Bluetooth and voice-activated navigaton. The perspective mode for the navigation is so much better than the last BMW system (which only had 2 map modes). Don't let anyone tell you the iDrive system is complicated. If you can operate a cell phone, you'll have no trouble with this.

My only complaint is the exterior look of the car. It looks like so many other Hondas and Toyotas. I just wish there it was less common-looking and more distinctive. The lines are nice -- very BMW. But it still could use something more.