2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Glad I waited

2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Review

Glad I waited
By JohnM on

2007 BMW 3 Series 328xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a long time for just the right BMW, AWD 6-speed manual stylish coupe, and couldn't be happier. A perfect daily driver for my needs. Always fun. Superb on two long highway trips so far. Great combination of exhilarating when pushed and serene when cruising. Unbelievable cornering forces generated even with the lowly Conti all-season run-flats. Completely predictable handling always. Firm ride is OK but big bumps cause a resounding whack when suspension bottoms - avoid potholes. Upgrade sound system is worth it - best I have heard. Bluetooth works great. Very little wind noise or buffeting with sunroof and windows open. Beautiful engine. Notchy shifter improving a bit with break-in.

Favorite Features

Suspension - typical BMW - world-class ride/hanling compromise. Sound system - great and distortion-free at high volumes with all types of music.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release button is far down under dash on driver side. Homelink will not work unless engine is started. Voice commands on Bluetooth are picky and Teutonic male voice is hilariously stern.