Get rid of Run Flats
By Budd on
2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
The car looks great, top up or down. It’s quiet. You can have a normal conversation even with the top down. It has a comfortable cockpit feel and is fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the Run Flat Tires. My car has the sport package with different size tires on the back. Picking up a small nail at 800 miles, I learned that BMW and Firestone would not repair it, a new tire cost $350 plus and neither had it in stock. The car does not come with a spare or a jack. If you get a flat, pray that you’re close to home because you can only drive 50 miles and then you are stuck, probably for days. I bought a spare wheel and tire. With a second flat at 4000 miles, I put regular tires on.
Favorite Features
Other small pros- 1) I recommend the ‘convenient access’ just for fun. 2) The ‘adaptive head light and the rain sensor are also fun. 3) Easy top operation with no problems so far. 4) Good highway gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
1) There’s no place big enough inside to put the Owner’s Manual. 2) If you get the Bluetooth, it only works with a handful of approved (?) phones. 3) Seat belt in rear is not centered, so putting a booster seat in is a chore. 4) A touch screen nav system would let you move the map around.