2007 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Time BMW Owner

2007 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

328i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

First Time BMW Owner
By Ken C on

2007 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a BMW my entire adult life. Purchased a new 2007 328i 4dr and am really enjoying it. I have never considered myself a "car guy" but the power and ride that this vehicle provides is exceptional. While my overall expectations were met (and sometimes exceeded), there are still some opportunities that I believe BMW should address, such as the poorly crafted leatherette seats and the ill-placed cup holders.

Favorite Features

Absolutely love the performance. Bit of a delay when really giving it some gas, but when it kicks in, it's smooth exceleration all the way. Also, love that I am not required to take it in every 3K miles for an oil change. Finally, you can't beat the 4yr/50K mile warranty.

Suggested Improvements

I've had the vehicle 16 months and the seam on the side lumbar pad is starting to tear, along with the rubber along the inside of the door. I am just shocked that a $40K+ vehicle comes with leatherette seats which also stain very easily. Both my Lexus and Solara had much better seats.